Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As previously reported, Apple's iTunes Trailers website now features the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens is the seventh film in the Star Wars series and is set 30 years after Return of the Jedi. Directed by J.J. Abrams, the movie features actors like Andy Serkis, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Domhnall Gleeson, Gwendoline Christie, Lupita Nyong'o, and Oscar Issac, along with stars from the original films including Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, and Carrie Fisher.

In addition to being featured by Apple, the teaser for Star Wars: The Force Awakens will be shown in a selection of theaters across the United States on Friday.

The trailer was initially overwhelmed by traffic and should also appear on Apple TV, and through the iTunes Movie Trailers app for iOS. The iTunes Movie Trailers app can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Article Link: 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Trailer Now Available

chirpie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2010
The trailer reminded me of just how little the prequels felt like they existed in a real physical space.

marvz

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2012
Berlin
You guys know what teaser means, right?

I think it looks pretty awesome and way better than the Jurassic World TRAILER.

semicharmdlifer

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2014
I agree. The Jurassic World trailer was much better.

Funny, I think this looks like it has significantly more potential than Jurassic World, at least based on the trailers. How many times can we watch people run around on an island dodging dinosaurs? lol (I loved the first two JPs, by the way). Differently strokes for different folks.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
You guys know what teaser means, right?

I think it looks pretty awesome and way better than the Jurassic World TRAILER.

I wasn't teased at all, I was disappointed

Funny, I think this looks like it has significantly more potential than Jurassic World, at least based on the trailers. How many times can we watch people run around on an island dodging dinosaurs? lol (I loved the first two JPs, by the way). Differently strokes for different folks.

Yep, totally agree. The original book was awesome.
The first movie was really good.
After that, not particularly interested.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
They are not going to show much at all... Dig the X-Wing footage and also the MF! Curious to see who the "dark side" person is!

I did get goosebumps when I heard the Tie-Fighters............. God I love that sound!

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
I enjoyed the shot of the potential Sith in the woods and their lightsaber (that will look awesome on the big screen.) :)

I am fine with the R2 super ball or whatever they will call this astromech. :D

Tease is no joke. We still know very little about this so it is impossible for me to judge beyond what was revealed.

nikicampos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2011
Oh MacRumors, it says right there, teaser, not trailer, stop misleading people please with your wrong titles and tweets.

Woutje

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2005
30 years after losing a second death star, they're still making those crappy Tie Fighters. Lol!

nostaws

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2006
I was expecting more because I saw the Macrumors headline say "Trailer."
But after seeing the clip it is definitely a "Teaser" (and says as much in the youtube title).

I thought it looked pretty good. A lot of sights and sounds from the originals. Some fresh updates.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.