Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Feb 23, 2006, 03:15 PM   #1
chrisregentb
macrumors member

Powermac G4 Mirrored Door Dual 1.25

Hi, I'm having trouble with my powermac G4 mirrored door running 10.3.9 I purchased this when it first came out. It runs great almost as good as the Quicksilver G4's. Anyway It has a Combo Drive as well as A Super Drive built in. They worked fine until recently when It just stopped working. I created a new user, thinking it was a user error, but the same problem, the system just can't find it. I replaced the ribbon cable thinking it was the cable that died, but still the same problem. Until I plug in either one or the other, they both won't be visible at the same time. Their both on the same chain, but I don't see why the system wouldn't like the way their set up, via master, slave. Since they were working fine for years. I can either plug one or the other for them to be visible, they won't work together. Any ideas? Thanks

Chris
chrisregentb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2006, 03:35 PM   #2
iPhil
macrumors 68030

Location: A$$hat free location,and helping Mac bring back teh sexy-ness era back
Send a message via AIM to iPhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisregentb
Hi, I'm having trouble with my powermac G4 mirrored door running 10.3.9 I purchased this when it first came out. It runs great almost as good as the Quicksilver G4's. Anyway It has a Combo Drive as well as A Super Drive built in. They worked fine until recently when It just stopped working. I created a new user, thinking it was a user error, but the same problem, the system just can't find it. I replaced the ribbon cable thinking it was the cable that died, but still the same problem. Until I plug in either one or the other, they both won't be visible at the same time. Their both on the same chain, but I don't see why the system wouldn't like the way their set up, via master, slave. Since they were working fine for years. I can either plug one or the other for them to be visible, they won't work together. Any ideas? Thanks

Chris

Check on the brand of dvd+rw/-rw and cds

the brand might be the issue of not burning dvds or cds ..

buy another brand and see if that clears up the problem
iPhil is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2006, 03:39 PM   #3
ipacmm
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to ipacmm
Quote:
Originally Posted by iphil
Check on the brand of dvd+rw/-rw and cds

the brand might be the issue of not burning dvds or cds ..

buy another brand and see if that clears up the problem
I agree, I would check the brand because it does make a difference sometimes when it comes to burning.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs