Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iLive

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
Denmark
Hi guys

Got a good deal on a pair of Steelseries Siberia since its single jackstick supports both audio input and output. My friends on Skype have always said they can hear anything I listen to. I thought these Steelseries would change it, but it did not! :( They claim that no matter what the volume is, they can hear the sound as clear as I can. And it's everything from music from iTunes to video games.

Yesterday, I attempted to play with some settings in "Sound and MIDI" in utilities settings, but all the changes I made I reversed because it didn't seem to help. Oddly enough, my friends couldn't hear anything of what I was hearing in the headphones after that though, however, it only lasted until I restarted my Mac. So obviously, it is possible to make some sort of setting, I just don't know how and what. I tried to repeat the steps I made, but it didn't work.

When I am facetiming with my mom, she says she can't hear anything of what I am hearing, so this seem only to happen on non-Apple software.

I hope you can help me guys, because Skype is my daily social activity and it seems to bother my friends a lot as well as limit me from listening to music or gameplay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.