Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dlmart2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Once you folks get over your fears and use Taig jailbreak on 8.1.1, you'll probably agree that it is one of the best, smoothest, error free jailbreaks in a long time. Pangu was ****** and had so many issues early on compared to Taig.

MacTCE

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2013
Raleigh NC
I haven't used the Taig jailbreak, but I didn't have a single issue using Pangu on a 6, 6+, Mini, and Air 2.

dlmart2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
I haven't used the Taig jailbreak, but I didn't have a single issue using Pangu on a 6, 6+, Mini, and Air 2.

Lucky you.. read this forum and you'll see all of the issues people have had.

navodwickra

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2013
Leeds, UK
Once you folks get over your fears and use Taig jailbreak on 8.1.1, you'll probably agree that it is one of the best, smoothest, error free jailbreaks in a long time. Pangu was ****** and had so many issues early on compared to Taig.

Well I waited till Pangu released V0.4 and with that I had no trouble.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Pangu was ****** and had so many issues early on compared to Taig.
Well, my last jailbreak was for iOS 7.1.2 (which I am currently running jailbroken). But I have followed this whole thing for iOS 8.

I won't argue the fact of the issues, but I think the tone here is a bit misplaced.

How many here would rather have had the Pangu jailbreak with all it's issues OR no jailbreak at all?

As I recall, there were a whole lot of iPhone 6 and 6+ owners eagerly awaiting an iOS 8 jailbreak and quite a few of them jumped in early - happy to be jailbroken.

I'm not criticizing, just making an observation.

The jailbreak for iOS 5.1 was the easiest for me. So easy, I jailbroke my iPhone 3GS four times before I realized I'd managed to do it the first time. :eek:

hakr100

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
East Coast

If only I could figure out how to use it...

No step by step directions, complete and in plain English?

loyalist

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011
Funny how this JB was just released and it's the best of all time. Wait a couple of weeks and after you use your apps for awhile. You won't see the bugs until you use it for a bit.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
I'll have to go with jailbreakme.com also.
All versions were nice and simple and universal obviously.
No complaining like when is the Mac version coming out:D
All display models of iPhones and iPads at Apple and most retailers were jb too:)

Yup agree completely. Couldn't have said it better.

dlmart2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Funny how this JB was just released and it's the best of all time. Wait a couple of weeks and after you use your apps for awhile. You won't see the bugs until you use it for a bit.

Who said 'best of all time'? Read much?

erftbll81

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2012
Running on my gf's 6+ and on my rMini (I'm still on Pangu 8.1 Jailbreak on my 6+). I can confirm that its very stable. My gf loves it, and its been running great on my mini,

dlmart2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Running on my gf's 6+ and on my rMini (I'm still on Pangu 8.1 Jailbreak on my 6+). I can confirm that its very stable. My gf loves it, and its been running great on my mini,

I think the bug fixes in 8.1.1 + Taig makes my 6+ run much better. Even the reboot times are faster. 3rd party keyboards switch faster ( I was having an issue with SwiftKey not loading sonetimes).

Antgb84

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2013
I think the bug fixes in 8.1.1 + Taig makes my 6+ run much better. Even the reboot times are faster. 3rd party keyboards switch faster ( I was having an issue with SwiftKey not loading sonetimes).

Hoping that's the case for me as well today cuzz I'm updating.

Vanilla35

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2013
Washington D.C.

Besides errors in the installing/set up process, what other differences are you seeing between Pangu and Taig? I'm on Pangu and never had any problems (with installation or the like), however if there are performance benefits in Taig that are not present in Pangu (maybe due to 8.1.1) then I'd consider updating.

dlmart2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Besides errors in the installing/set up process, what other differences are you seeing between Pangu and Taig? I'm on Pangu and never had any problems (with installation or the like), however if there are performance benefits in Taig that are not present in Pangu (maybe due to 8.1.1) then I'd consider updating.

Its hard to tell weather or not the improvements are due to iOS 8.1.1 or taig. But my phone boots much fast and the alt keyboard load better. I has lag loading swiftkey that sometimes took several seconds.. its much fast. My guess is 8.1.1 fixed several 'bugs' that were not published. Also, people are reporting (I can't confirm) that they gained more free space (300mb+) on their devices after updating. I have the 128gb phone so I don't worry about storage'. I did't have any wifi issues, but people also say the wifi issues were fixed.

Last edited:

BigMar89

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
Its hard to tell weather or not the improvements are due to iOS 8.1.1 or taig. But my phone boots much fast and the alt keyboard load better. I has lag loading swiftkey that sometimes took several seconds.. its much fast. My guess is 8.1.1 fixed several 'bugs' that were not published. Also, people are reporting (I can't confirm) that they gained more free space (300mb+) on their devices after updating. I have the 128gb phone so I don't worry about storage'. I did't have any wifi issues, but people also say the wifi issues were fixed.

how about in terms of RAM usage? better use of RAM for our 6 Pluses? my 6 Plus is constantly running around the low 50 MBs when it comes to available RAM and thats with minimal app usage. Nothing very memory straining.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.