Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 4, 2009
Just out of interest. Is it possible to connect SYMLINK's back into FCP-X. I have done all the re-link methods in FCP-X. Even the original video file FCP-X will not accept.
I was of thinking of importing the symlink file into FCP-X. But not certain if that will work.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Just out of interest. Is it possible to connect SYMLINK's back into FCP-X. I have done all the re-link methods in FCP-X. Even the original video file FCP-X will not accept.
I was of thinking of importing the symlink file into FCP-X. But not certain if that will work.

You don't need to bother with this any more. The latest version of FPC-X allows you to make a library just about any place and you can have multiple libraries open. So the need for symbolic links goes away

musique

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2009
Just a minor note

As ChrisA said, it’s much more convenient with libraries in the more recent versions of FCPX, especially with the ability to have multiple libraries open concurrently.

But, just FYI, I do my video editing on a five- or six-year-old MacPro. I’ve found that leaving several libraries open slows down editing considerably on my old machine. If you do run into speed issues, you might want to think about only having one library open at a time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.