Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

T-Mobile is offering a significant discount on its iPhone lineup for Cyber Monday, most notably taking $100 off the 64GB model of the new iPhone 6. Instead of just a straight cash discount, the carrier is offering a memory upgrade that boosts the storage of the smartphone without additional cost to the customer.

iphone-t-mobile.jpg
The carrier's upgrade offer allows you to buy a 16GB model iPhone 6 and receive a free upgrade to the 64GB model, a $100 savings. The promotion also extends to the iPhone 5s and 5c, with T-Mobile upgrading the 32GB iPhone 5s to the 64GB version and the 8GB iPhone 5c to the 32GB model.

T-Mobile's promotion runs until midnight Pacific Time tonight. This offer is one of several promotional pushes by the carrier designed to attract new customers to its cellular network. Earlier this year, T-Mobile introduced a generous $350 per line termination fee bonus and phone buyback program to customers who switch carriers. It also recently launched an iPhone "test drive" program that allows customers to try an iPhone on T-Mobile for seven days without cost.

Article Link: T-Mobile Discounting Select iPhone Models, Including 64GB iPhone 6, by $100 for Cyber Monday

vagos

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2014
Meanwhile, I'm waiting for 20 days now for a pre-ordered iPhone 6, 64GB in my random European country.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
How do I purchase the iPhone 6 outright from T-Mobile? :mad: Help!

At checkout, it gives a choice of monthly payments or to pay for the phone outright. It will be locked on T-Mobile for something like 45 days and then you can ask that they unlock it.

xizdun

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2011
You're right, JackieInCo. Thanks. Just noticed it myself, too. Maybe they should reduce the font size further. :confused:

oAC3dit.png

Spot the full price option.

shiseiryu1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
Good deal

This is a good deal; actually it's the deal that Apple should have gave in the first place. Shame on them for still offering crappy 16gb as the base for their products. It should be a base of at least 32gb by now; ridiculous.

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
T-Mobile Discounting Select iPhone Models, Including 64GB iPhone 6, by $100 f...

It's a good deal because if you're doing installments and require a down payment, it's a good saving.

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
How do I purchase the iPhone 6 outright from T-Mobile? :mad: Help!

If you go with T-Mobile, send me a PM on here.
I can add you as a refer-a-friend, and help you save a little more money =) I switched to T-Mobile in October from VZW, been very happy.

ChazSch

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2014
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
bought my iPhone 6 with the walmart deal on black friday....only to find out they had been offering it all week and I didn't need to get up at 5am...thanks guys!!!!!

$179 with a $75 gift card...so $104 for antiphon 6...happy with that!

Will do good

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2010
Earth
At checkout, it gives a choice of monthly payments or to pay for the phone outright. It will be locked on T-Mobile for something like 45 days and then you can ask that they unlock it.

Can I confirm after unlock, I can switch to any carrier if we want?

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Can I confirm after unlock, I can switch to any carrier if we want?

You can, except for Sprint, but consider that you need to purchase 40 days of service from T-Mobile. That could be 2 months depending on when they date your statement cutoff. The cheapest plan is $50/month before taxes.

Will do good

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2010
Earth
You can, except for Sprint, but consider that you need to purchase 40 days of service from T-Mobile. That could be 2 months depending on when they date your statement cutoff. The cheapest plan is $50/month before taxes.

That's what I thought, thanks.

psac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2009
Right on T-Mobile!

AT&T whatcha gonna do?

Of course last night my wife says she wants to upgrade to the 6 for the holidays. Really? Now you tell me? I could have grabbed something on Black Friday (like the gift card from Apple), now it looks like nothing for AT&T today.

jimi78

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
This definitely sucks for anybody who has purchased a new 64gb iphone 6 in the last few weeks. Does anybody know if T-Mo will reimburse for this?

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
I'm definitely considering hitting my local T-Mo spot after work today for this offer as I need to leave AT&T and trade in my 5S.

jgk6502

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2010
One time payment option is not working for me (Message says, cannot complete request. Try again later). And the "Due Today" total is $820.64, when it should be $720.64. Installment plan was correct and the purchase went through. Anyone else see this issue?

sv2013

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2013
One time payment option is not working for me (Message says, cannot complete request. Try again later). And the "Due Today" total is $820.64, when it should be $720.64. Installment plan was correct and the purchase went through. Anyone else see this issue?

Had the same problem. T-Mobile rep told me that it was a known issue about the "one time payment option" not discounting the $99. She advised me to select the Installment Plan instead.

bartolo5

macrumors member
May 11, 2008

Yes. You need to meet this two conditions for unlock:

* iPhone must be paid in full
* You must have been with them for more than 40 days

They are quite strict about this. You can get the $100 deal starting on the installment plan, and then just pay the phone off in a few days. But you'll have to wait 2 billing cycles for them to unlock the phone.

fontman

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2009
Costa mesa
Nightmare ordering

Spent hours on the phone only to have them switch my order around after the website kept having errors. Chat service no help. Stay away .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.