Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SiriusExcelsior

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 6, 2003
Canis Major
My friend recently gifted me a Logitech G510s, which I was looking forward to replacing my 10+ year old Logitech Internet Navigator Keyboard with (that classic white/blue wavy one found in Left 4 Dead 2 :rolleyes:).

I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to swap the Command and Option keys (aka Windows and Alt) around.

I'm on a 2011 MBP with 10.6.8 (no, I don't intend on upgrading yet), and managed to find an old version of the Logitech Gaming Software v8.50.133 to install (newer ones need 10.8+). I thought that'd solve the problem, but no. There's no setting to swap the modifiers or change between "Mac" and "Windows" layouts, as you could on the Logitech Control Center software (which I also have installed for the Navigator, v3.9.0).

It also doesn't respect the settings under Keyboard Prefs>Modifier Keys; I've checked that I was applying the settings to the G510s. Changelogs for the newer versions of the Logitech Gaming Software makes no mention of bug fixes for the G510s nor modifier keys. No firmware updates are available for the G510s (it's on 0x1172).

Logitech Control Center still works for the Navigator (Mac/Windows layout settings), and Logitech Gaming Software works for the G510s (backlighting, applets, etc). Neither software will recognise the other keyboard, so there doesn't appear to be any clashing.

Google has failed me. Which makes me think I'm doing something wrong; surely someone else has met this problem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.