Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redhatcode29

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 21, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Guys, will a kvr667d2s5/1g ram perfectly run in an imac 17" core duo..... Will it fry or harm the imac ?
Though the minimum bus speed as per Everymac is 667 My imac has been fitted with a pc2 5300 555 12 ram (it hangs randomly).

redhatcode29

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 21, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
That memory will work correctly in your iMac.

Hi intell, initially the new ram could not start up the imac....i had to insert both rams to boot the imac.

Then dismantled the earlier ram, and the imac is now able to boot.

But, my idea of reinstalling a fresh snow leopard....seems to be not possible. I am certainly missing something here.

I used an original 10.6.2 disk, both while in the osx and from bios...i seem to get a message that says that i cant install the OS in that imac.

Do i have to meddle with any other settings? Btw, the install disk is the SL disk from my mac mini, of course the disk says 'mac mini' .... This is not an issue right ?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
If the disc says Mac Mini on it, you cannot install it on an iMac. You need a black or white reinstallation disc, not a grey restore disc.

redhatcode29

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 21, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
If the disc says Mac Mini on it, you cannot install it on an iMac. You need a black or white reinstallation disc, not a grey restore disc.

Oh dear ! And i ddnt think this was an issue ! Now the conquest for compatible disc begins..... Thank you again.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.