Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fady00

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2014
Hi!
Replaced my Iphone back housing and now my Iphone dont charge.
After assembling i noticed that my Iphone Ohly charged when the inserting one side of the lightning cable. If I turned the lightning head it wouldn't charge. My iPad charges just fine with both ends and so did my Iphone before housing replacement. I opened the phone again and checked the lightning thing and now it won't charge or be recognized my my computer but I can start the phone.

My question is that there is four rings under the lightning contact and I lost one of them are they important for the port to work?

Did I damage anything or get a new port to replace?

Please help feeling like a failure, I was extra careful when replacing the housing and everything went great please help.

Fady00

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2014
I forgot to say that when the phone is off and I plug in the USB the iPhone boots up but don't charge

Please hekp

rajaal77

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2007
Try rechecking all the ribbons and logic board inputs for apparent damage, take both a soft bristled toothbrush and compressed air to all the logic board inputs and ribbon inputs, and take both brush/air to both the Lightning Wire input and the Lightning Wire cable input and metal encasing. As an added measure, you can deinstall the battery, then attempt a boot using the external power source via your Lightning Wire.

----------

Doing the latter could eliminate logic board/ribbon connectors problems or prove a faulty and/or dead battery.

Fady00

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2014
Hi!
I changed the whole charging assembley and it is now fully working.

----------

Thank you very much for replying

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.