Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2010mini

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 19, 2013
Hello all,

I have a 2010 MBP running 10.10 Yosemite.

I want to install windows on for my wife who just needs it for certain applications that cannot run on OS X. I have a USB drive with every windows version currently available. But they are in .SWM format.

is it possible to install windows with .SWM in boot camp? If not, does anyone know how i can convert to .ISO??

thnaks.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
I want to install windows on for my wife who just needs it for certain applications that cannot run on OS X. I have a USB drive with every windows version currently available. But they are in .SWM format.

is it possible to install windows with .SWM in boot camp? If not, does anyone know how i can convert to .ISO??

The .SWM file is an archived split image file.
You can extract the original .WIM using some software like ExtractNow, or ImageX. Either of those are Windows apps, so you would do that task on a computer running Windows.
When you have rejoined the .SWM files, then you should have a .WIM, which will easily convert to the .ISO that you need for the Bootcamp install.

2010mini

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 19, 2013
The .SWM file is an archived split image file.
You can extract the original .WIM using some software like ExtractNow, or ImageX. Either of those are Windows apps, so you would do that task on a computer running Windows.
When you have rejoined the .SWM files, then you should have a .WIM, which will easily convert to the .ISO that you need for the Bootcamp install.

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.