Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timerollson

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
heretothere
Alright, so here's the deal:

After updating Itunes, I decided to plug in my old iPod shuffle, updating its software. Everything is fine and dandy; the shuffle updates, itunes reads it. The next day, I plug my iPod Video into my computer (..had to put "Planet Rock" on there..lol.) and my computer reads the device. It acknowledges that an iPod is connected. Now, Itunes doesn't detect it. I reinstall Itunes, reinstall the updater, and replug my iPod into my computer. Itunes still doesn't detect it. Then, I disconnect iPod from computer, but it's frozen on the "Do Not Disconnect" screen. I reset it, and the folder with exclamation point comes up. I visit the apple support site and do all of the "R"'s. I restore the Ipod. I put the ipod into disk mode and restore it. Itunes can now detect it and will update the songs, but then it will stop detecting it midway. Now, for some odd reason, my iPod video screen does not show any form of color. It looks like my roommate's old iPod with the black & white. :confused: Also, when I plug into my power adapter, it will charge, and then I can hear the harddrive make this sound. Then, it will shut off. :( So, has anyone had this problem? Is there anything else I can do to salvage her (..my iPod) or should I just send it in? (It's still under warranty. I bought it in December.)

..by the way, I'm using a PC.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.