Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SquareOne

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I have a KONICA MINOLTA Bizhub C35 scanner/printer. It should be possible to e-mail scans automatically to my inbox. Unfortunately I can't get it to work.

1)I logged into my bizhub with my browser and filled in the administrator password.
2)I created an e-mailadres for the administrator under System - Machine Settings - E-mailadres administrator (info@mydomain.nl)
3)I went to the network tab
4)Enabled the E-mail TX (SMTP) + Scan to e-mail
5)For smtp-serveradres I filled in the smtp-server for my e-mail hosting company.
6) Port 25, SSL = ON, Port 587
7) E-mailadres for administrator = info@mydomain.nl --> this is the e-mail I want to receive my mails
8)E-mailadres device = scans@mydomain.nl --> this is what should show up in my inbox
9)SMTP-authentication = ON, account = info@mydomain.nl

Unfortunately it does not work. Anyone any idea what I am doing wrong?

RMo

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
Iowa, USA
Since you're using SMTP authentication, does whatever account name and password you're using to authenticate for this address (looks like it's scans@mydomain.nl) exist? Have you tried similar SMTP settings in a regular mail client like Thunderbird or Mail.app to see if you get any errors with similar settings in these applications? I'm assuming your SMTP server also supports SSL.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.