Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TurkXtreme

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 8, 2012
TURKEY
i want to replace icons like this.

Screenshot1.png

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Homescreen Designer allows you to design your own layouts fairly easily. I moved to it a while back & prefer it over Iconoclasm.

While I still miss Gridlock from the iOS 5 days, it never worked well on 6 for me, wasn't updated for 7, and the dev is working for Facebook full time now with ZERO mention anywhere that he intends to update it. Don't hold your breath.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
It probably won't ever be updated. The last update for Gridlock was iOS 6.

I'm on iOS 7.1.2, so I have to use iBlanks too.

I thought the dev released gridlock 2.0 for iOS 7? I could be wrong. I haven't used that tweak since like iOS 4 or 5. Can't remember. Time flies!!

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
gridlock is NOT being updated. a lot of us are waiting for 'anchor' a possible replacement app.

meanwhile, i use iblanks to customize my page layout...

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I thought the dev released gridlock 2.0 for iOS 7? I could be wrong. I haven't used that tweak since like iOS 4 or 5. Can't remember. Time flies!!
You're right. I keep forgetting that. Stupid me!

But it does not work on 7.1.2. You can install it fine, but the moment you try to move icons around Springboard crashes.

I think that's where I keep getting tripped up on this.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
You're right. I keep forgetting that. Stupid me!

But it does not work on 7.1.2. You can install it fine, but the moment you try to move icons around Springboard crashes.

I think that's where I keep getting tripped up on this.

Ok that makes sense. When using iBlank, what happens when you install an app (or whatever) and it shifts all your icons over by 1. If you have a full page of real icons and blank icons, do you have to manually move all apps on all your pages over 1 spot to put it back? I'm glad I don't bother with home screen designs lol. I always found it so tedious haha. I just install tweaks that make the UX better for me. I don't really bother with aesthetics

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Ok that makes sense. When using iBlank, what happens when you install an app (or whatever) and it shifts all your icons over by 1. If you have a full page of real icons and blank icons, do you have to manually move all apps on all your pages over 1 spot to put it back? I'm glad I don't bother with home screen designs lol. I always found it so tedious haha. I just install tweaks that make the UX better for me. I don't really bother with aesthetics
You just have to follow Apple's standard everything shifts up and to the left pattern for icon placement when using iBlanks.

For example, my Springboard icons start on the second row. I have a five column set up on my Springboard. So, I have five iBlank icons in the first row which forces the start of my actual app icons to the second row, which is where I want it.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
You just have to follow Apple's standard everything shifts up and to the left pattern for icon placement when using iBlanks.

For example, my Springboard icons start on the second row. I have a five column set up on my Springboard. So, I have five iBlank icons in the first row which forces the start of my actual app icons to the second row, which is where I want it.

Ah ok thanks. I wasn't sure how that all worked.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Ah ok thanks. I wasn't sure how that all worked.
No problem Bumps!

If you ever download iBlanks and run it, it's really easy. All you do is tell it to create "X" amount of icons and push the button.

Your phone resprings and you have the exact number of blank icons (transparent) that you requested. If you put the phone in wiggle mode you will see all the "X"s dancing around. You can delete iBlanks in the same way as a normal app. Push on the X.

Just grab them and move them around. Then put your real app icons in the spaces in between.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
iblanks is great (i am using it to arrange my homescreen), but a nuisance if you accidentally click on one of the blanks.

homescreendesigner doesn't work (for me, anyway); i don't think it likes customfoldericons.

i hope anchor is real, and happens soon...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.