Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
I'll be looking for a high end tablet.
Either one of these below.

Surface Pro 4
Galaxy Note 10.1 2015 Edition
iPad Pro (only if the touch ID and splitscreen multitasking rumors are true)

Which ever one I get, I plan to keep for several years.

As for phones, It'll be hard for me to escape the Note line. But that's about 9 months away until the Note 5. Can't wait to see how they will upgrade TW once more, cause they did a good job recently.

The LG G4 should be interesting, since it's rumored to be going after the Note line.

I'm also interested in what Sony Z4 will actually offer, cause the rumors are all over the place.

For no reason at all, I never been a huge fan of HTC ONE line. I think HTC will change things up this time around.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
HTC one m9, iPhone 6s, next moto x, next nexus, note 5, and see if well finally get an xperia on at&t.

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
Galaxy S6, Note 5, iPhone 6S/6S+, HTC One M9, G4, Nexus 7 2015, Xperia Z5 (not Z4, rather the latter one in the year), Nexus 5 refresh, Moto X 2015, MacBook Pro 2015.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
Galaxy S6, Note 5, iPhone 6S/6S+, HTC One M9, G4, Nexus 7 2015, Xperia Z5 (not Z4, rather the latter one in the year), Nexus 5 refresh, Moto X 2015, MacBook Pro 2015.

I don't think there is going to be another Nexus 7.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
iPhone 6s Plus/Note 5 - I just got the 6 Plus but I've promised myself I'll start upgrading every year instead of waiting until the used price has plummeted, to get the most out of my cash while having more fun with new stuff.

A new Galaxy Note 8 (8.4) - best format for S Pen use IMO, this would be the perfect productivity/Android sidekick for text editing and other stuff. Been dying to see the Tab S married to the Note line and I don't get why they haven't already done this.

Sharp Aquos Crystal international version - Just for fun, if it stays cheap like the US version.

A smartwatch - one which actually looks good, not happy with any of the offerings so far. I'd also want it to be smaller and significantly thinner than the current smartwatches. Might be more like 2016 though.

skratch77

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2013
2015 will be a big year for android hardware.it will finally hit a point where you can buy the next flagship phone and its hardware specs will last over 3 year easily.

The snapdragon development cell that just came out has 8 cores and 4gb ddr4 ram along with a qhd screen and micro SD card and removable battery.

That cells hardware will out last the software for at least 3 years.heck even the new nexus cell phone that just came out is 32 bit and not using the 810 chipset

XVentura

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
These devices will have a lot of overlapping features so I'm focusing on the features I want...

A) 1080p screen. I think 2K is too much and you sacrifice too much performance for a negligible improvement in aesthetics.

B) Fingerprint sensor. We know it's coming. It was going to be included in the Nexus 6 but was dropped pretty late on. Synaptics has also said that they will ship out sensors and screens that allow for stationary reads, rather than swipe reads like the Samsung implementation which sucks. In Synaptics' words, it'll be better than or equal to the iPhone's. The software is mostly ready, the hardware will be ready by the middle of next year so I think we'll see it end of next year. I'm excited for it.

C) New USB connector. Unless a phone has the new USB connector, I'm not buying it. Why? Because of ease, convenience and future proofing the device. I can wait until March for this to be standard.

D) 64 bit processors. Not only for the performance but because of the much lower power consumption, which will allow for devices to be much thinner while maintaining battery performance. The new armv8 architecture will also allow encryption to be standard without slowing down performance. This is a huge thing for me as I've become extremely worried about security.

These are the main features that I'd like my next phone to have. I have a feeling that I'll have to wait until end of 2015 or early 2016, but it'll be worth the wait.

ravipiero

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2013
2015 ...What devices will you be looking for?

iPhone 6S+, Surface Mini, and LG G4. In wearable, Fitbit Charge HR and Jawbone UP3.

aeboi

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2009
Bay Area
I upgrade my phone every year so it would have to be the LG G4 or the Note 5

Snappy Dragon 810 or better

Wrathwitch

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2009
It almost makes me sadder than words to say....nothing.....:confused:

I have my Note 4 which I need to last me for 2 years. I have an amazing tablet (Tab S) and even my obligatory apple product (iPad mini2). My mobile needs are completely met!

I have a pretty powerful gaming PC and my 2010 iMac is holding it's own really well....

Hell I even have a Kindle paperwhite.

it's depressing!!

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
I'm looking forward to the HTC M9, iPhone 6S, Moto 360 (2nd Generation) and the Apple Watch. I really have no interest in anything else. My goal is to not buy 14 phones in 2015, but limit it to less than 5.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'll be looking for a SP4 or a new MBP. Depending on when both come out will help dictate my purchase decision.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Don't need anything this upcoming year. That's certainly never stopped me. ;) That being said, there are a few devies I have my eye on:

- iPad Air Plus (but same as OP--must have some multi-screen functionality)
- iPhone 6S Plus, but only if it gets 2GB RAM and the rumored new Sony camera sensor. Otherwise, I'm good with the 6 Plus.
- HTC M9: my biggest gripe with the first 2 generations of the One has been the camera, otherwise I'm a big fan of HTC's hardware and software. The rumored specs for the M9 sound fantastic
- Apple watch: not sure I'll get the first gen version but I'm very curious to see real world use
- Apple TV: so long overdue and curious to see if it evolves because the current model is an also ran in the now very competitive market.

I'd have loved to put the next Moto X or Nexus phone on my list but I have no faith in Moto to put a quality camera experience into their phone, nor Google to address the recurring subpar aspects (battery and camera) with their Nexus phones

SecITGuy

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2014
I will be looking to get a SP3 or 4. Might snag a new Ultrabook to run Win 10.
Will be looking the following phones in random order:
HTC M9
Galaxy S6
IP6s+

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Don't need anything this upcoming year. That's certainly never stopped me. ;) That being said, there are a few devies I have my eye on:

- iPad Air Plus (but same as OP--must have some multi-screen functionality)
- iPhone 6S Plus, but only if it gets 2GB RAM and the rumored new Sony camera sensor. Otherwise, I'm good with the 6 Plus.
- HTC M9: my biggest gripe with the first 2 generations of the One has been the camera, otherwise I'm a big fan of HTC's hardware and software. The rumored specs for the M9 sound fantastic
- Apple watch: not sure I'll get the first gen version but I'm very curious to see real world use
- Apple TV: so long overdue and curious to see if it evolves because the current model is an also ran in the now very competitive market.

I'd have loved to put the next Moto X or Nexus phone on my list but I have no faith in Moto to put a quality camera experience into their phone, nor Google to address the recurring subpar aspects (battery and camera) with their Nexus phones

I have a 6 and also will only upgrade to the 6s if it has 2gb of ram. I cannot see another feature I would need.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.