Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bushido

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
Hey,

i just tried the new "experimental" feature on NoSlowAnimation and it totally f up my iPhone. it freezes and you cant do anything so i booted without sub and uninstalled the tweak. now i wonder if i install it again it remembers the settings right so it will probably cause the same issue again and i wont be able to disable the experimental option. anyway to make the tweak forget its previous settings and return them to default?

thanks

Syndicate0017

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2013
Deleting the preference plist for the tweak should work. Not sure where it might be stored though. Maybe /System/Library/Preferences?

famoussasjohn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
What's the new experimental feature? I updated with no issues.

Something you don't want to enable. Froze my phone up and wouldn't do anything. Had to boot in safemode and uninstall and reinstall it. The feature is broken and was removed in the latest update.

The feature is supposed to speed up every possible animation though, not sure what other animations it needed to speed up, but that was what was listed in the changes in the version before the latest update.

Last edited:

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Something you don't want to enable. Froze my phone up and wouldn't do anything. Had to boot in safemode and uninstall and reinstall it. The feature is broken and was removed in the latest update.

The feature is supposed to speed up every possible animation though, not sure what other animations it needed to speed up, but that was what was listed in the changes in the version before the latest update.

So you decided to experiment, hehe. LOL. :)

tys

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2008
I had about 30 minutes of panic due to this yesterday!
On the plus side, I now know how to boot into safe mode ;-)
I also have a renewed appreciation how awesome this tweak is otherwise. My 6+ felt SO PAINFULLY SLOW while it was disabled.
It's fixed now, with latest update, which is to say the experimental part it now removed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.