Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nathanweisser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2014
I had the three monitors working perfectly, 2 through the DVIs and 1 through the thunderbolt.

Problem is, my boss moved my desk and now the thunderbolt won't work. I'm using a thunderbolt to DVI adapter.

I've checked many times over, and I don't think it is a hardware issue, and Google has led me to believe these set ups are really finnicky. Is there some sort of "refresh" process I can go through or maybe even advanced gpu options I can use?

jdphoto

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2014
I had the three monitors working perfectly, 2 through the DVIs and 1 through the thunderbolt.

Problem is, my boss moved my desk and now the thunderbolt won't work. I'm using a thunderbolt to DVI adapter.

I've checked many times over, and I don't think it is a hardware issue, and Google has led me to believe these set ups are really finnicky. Is there some sort of "refresh" process I can go through or maybe even advanced gpu options I can use?

Out of curiosity are the same monitors on the same ports as they were before the move. Those setups can be finicky. If you haven't tried already I recommend trying different combinations on ports plugged in to see if it will work.

nathanweisser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2014
Out of curiosity are the same monitors on the same ports as they were before the move. Those setups can be finicky. If you haven't tried already I recommend trying different combinations on ports plugged in to see if it will work.

I will try. Thanks for the feedback.

----------

Wow. That actually fixed it. I just switched the DVIs... Why...

jdphoto

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2014
Wow. That actually fixed it. I just switched the DVIs... Why...

Not real sure without knowing your monitor sizes/resolutions but usually the card can only support so much and you just gotta balance it so they're both within their capabilities. Glad it's working!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.