Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abley22

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
Hi. Have a new iMac 27" late 2013 and i notice lightbleed when i shut it down where the black screen is, have forgot that i had it until i played a movie on it and it is vissible where it's dark.

It not mutch, look almost worse on the pics, i have reed that the lightbleed could get worse and worse? Or do it keep the bleed as it is today?
If it dont get worse i could keep it if not i want to change it, have 2 weeks to get all the money back from the store..

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 106

abley22

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
Here is another pics, the issue is on the left side, the other is just the view from the camera.. You could see where the spot is on my first pics where i mark it with red. You mutch click on the pics to get the pics showing right way

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 99
Last edited:

JawneeWin

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2013
I bought mines into the Apple store and they refused it. it got worse for me over time.

Alesc

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2014
France
My 2007 iMac had a lot of lightbleed, I've changed the screen twice with Apple Care (bleeding, unevenness..), but all IPS screen I have owned have bleeding...
My new late 2013 have some, not much, but some.

But in my experience, it never go worst or better with the years. :)

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
I've never seen a screen get worse over time in terms of light bleed, but your mileage may vary, of course. I've used tons of screens, too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.