Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thedru13

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
Anyone else have this issue? When I am in text message app or google hangout or a few other apps when I try and take a pic within the app the camera doesn't always work. It hangs a lot. Screen stays black or image is stuck. Also takes forever to open the camera and there is a lot of lag even trying to attach a photo while in iMessage. So when I am sending a text and I click. The camera icon there is a lot of lag opening or starting the camera. Just curious if it's me or anyone else has a similar issue.

66gonzo

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2012
What firmware are you on. Yesterday was my first time attempting to take low light pictures since updating to 8.1.2 and when I would go back and forth between using a flash and auto flash, the camera would not be able to focus. I wonder if there's a glitch with the camera app and 8.1.2.

thedru13

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
What firmware are you on. Yesterday was my first time attempting to take low light pictures since updating to 8.1.2 and when I would go back and forth between using a flash and auto flash, the camera would not be able to focus. I wonder if there's a glitch with the camera app and 8.1.2.

Using 8.1.2. Updated via iTunes

mrios25

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2012
Denver
I'm having an issue when trying to record video at times on my 6+. I will start recording and then about 5-10 seconds into the recording it freezes and I have to close the camera app and reopen. I have missed a few video opportunities that were important and couldn't get back. Hoping for a fix. Anyone else have an issue like that?

EvoXOhio

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2014
I have never had this issue once. In fact one of the reasons I am so happy with the 6+ compared to my previous 3 years of being on Android, is that with iOS the camera app opens immediately and takes pictures immediately without focus lag. It sounds like you have a faulty phone or need iOS reinstalled.

Shikaka

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
I'm having an issue when trying to record video at times on my 6+. I will start recording and then about 5-10 seconds into the recording it freezes and I have to close the camera app and reopen. I have missed a few video opportunities that were important and couldn't get back. Hoping for a fix. Anyone else have an issue like that?

I missed a bunch of photos because of the same issue. Check your camera settings to see if 60fps is turned on. Try turning it off and see if the camera still freezes.

thedru13

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
So iMessage has quit on me twice today. so when I am in iMessage and I click on the camera icon... It takes about 3 seconds to open the 3 selections
-Photo Library
-Take photo or video
-cancel

Then a bit of lag to perform the other actions. Really getting annoying it is crashing a lot..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.