Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LouiesSan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2014
well i jailbroken many ipods and stuff but i didnt had much knowledge about the 3gs since their is one with the old bootrom and one with the new bootrom. i was on 6.1.6 trying to bypass activation and i saw this video that said to down a stock ios 6 firmware and to check install cydia and install ipad baseband on redsn0w. after that the iphone is stuck on recovery mode and sometimes when i reboot it will get to the lock screen and i can unlock it but no cell phone network, bluetooth or wifi. i get a error when i reboot back tether. when i try to restore using itunes i get a -1 error after itunes install the firmware. i also tried downgrading the ipad baseband using redsn0w but it doesnt work. i am pretty much screwed at this point but i was wondering if their is any way to even get this iphone to work? Thanks, i got a newboot rom 3gs btw

Daviddeteo

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2014
I think you are using 2012 3gs. On this 3gs 2012 there is wifi, bluetooth, gps error when you install ipad baseband

Put in dfu and try to restore, it will recover baseband.

After restore, if your baseband is 06.15.00, you should downgrade baseband first, then install cydia, after installing cydia, just boot. Then go to cydia>search and install p0sixspwn so you dont have to boot tethered. And install ultrasn0w

If your baseband is not 06.15.00, you will have to use special combine sim to unlock and use your sim. And DO NOT INSTALL IPAD BASEBAND

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
well i jailbroken many ipods and stuff but i didnt had much knowledge about the 3gs since their is one with the old bootrom and one with the new bootrom. i was on 6.1.6 trying to bypass activation and i saw this video that said to down a stock ios 6 firmware and to check install cydia and install ipad baseband on redsn0w. after that the iphone is stuck on recovery mode and sometimes when i reboot it will get to the lock screen and i can unlock it but no cell phone network, bluetooth or wifi. i get a error when i reboot back tether. when i try to restore using itunes i get a -1 error after itunes install the firmware. i also tried downgrading the ipad baseband using redsn0w but it doesnt work. i am pretty much screwed at this point but i was wondering if their is any way to even get this iphone to work? Thanks, i got a newboot rom 3gs btw

what is the first 5 digits of your serial number? if your 3GS wasn't eligible for the ipad baseband upgrade and you upgraded, then you fried the baseband chip and won't be able to recover that and its functions (wifi, gps, etc) through software

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Yep, sounds like you fried all wireless communication chips on that 3GS by flashing the ipad baseband on it.
And that's the reason newbies should not attempt things like that unless they know what they're doing.
You need to replace the whole logic board or better yet don't even bother with it.
Get a phone that works and keep it stock from now on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.