Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Toebex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2014
Hello again,

So I just updated to Yosemite on my new cloned hard drive. I have a 4tb external drive that I used for the Time Machine backup, however that was back when I was on Snow Leopard with only two internal drives. Now that I don't need to back up my main Snow Leopard drive (because I am now using the cloned drive), if there any way I can make it that I don't back up that old drive anymore? It would be a waste of time seeing as I would be doubling the backup.

I can't seem to find the option anywhere on Yosemite.

Alrescha

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2008
System Preferences/Time Machine/Options/Exclude these items from backups/click the "+" sign, select the drive you want to exclude, click "Exclude".

A.

Toebex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2014
EDIT: I CANT READ PROPERLY

Thank you :p

Last edited:

Alrescha

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2008
You are most welcome.

In the future, I will try to remember to format my posts differently. I have a tendency to type the way I think, which is not always helpful to others :)

A.

Toebex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2014
You are most welcome.

In the future, I will try to remember to format my posts differently. I have a tendency to type the way I think, which is not always helpful to others :)

A.

Will do, thanks again :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.