Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ihonda

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
Great quality as usual with Anker but sadly there are a few misses :(

Anker has managed to make a pretty decent glass protector that matches the color of the white iPhone exactly. Some other glass protectors the color is off which may or may not bother some, personally it would drive me bonkers.

As you see in the pictures the cut-outs are dead on! However, this glass protector does not taper off the edges, instead it leaves a lip to which you can easily lift the protector off the phone. I was able to lift it off easily by just attempting to place a super thin case on, the case caught the edge of the glass and lifted it. I would be slightly cautious of purchasing this glass if you use one of those 0.3mm cases or something like that. If you are using a speck candy shell or something a little thicker I feel you would be ok.

Another miss in my eyes is quality control, look at the picture with the black dot visible. I am not sure what the black is but you can see it through the white painted glass area, looks as if its a sharpie or something? I tried to remove it once I removed it from my phone but no luck. I believe this was just a slight oversight but who knows?

The hardness of the glass is amazing. I bent it as much as I could until my finger tips turned white and it would not snap. It was not until I tried to bend with both hands that it actually snapped. This to me makes me feel comfortable that if you were to drop your phone or something onto the screen that it would easily save the screen. You will also see that when it does snap/break that its not into a million tiny specks of glass, rather just a shattered film which is a great safety feature. Some other cheaper protectors looked as if they attempted to achieve this but failed and glass went everywhere.

I feel as if this glass protector can be improved in a few areas as above but for the price its worth it. The glass is butter smooth just like the iPhone glass and its crystal clear. I would give this a B- if I had to grade it.

Keep in mind unlike other companies Anker offers a LIFETIME replacement if this were to bubble or break.

can be purchased @ http://www.amazon.com/Premium-Tempe...18683997&sr=1-1&keywords=anker+glass+iPhone+6

Attachments

• IMG_1325.JPG
    IMG_1325.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,102
  • IMG_1328.JPG
    IMG_1328.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,064
  • IMG_1329.JPG
    IMG_1329.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,539
  • IMG_1326.JPG
    IMG_1326.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 982
Reactions: Neco1963

enzo thecat

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2010
Midwest USA

Anker has managed to make a pretty decent glass protector that matches the color of the white iPhone exactly. Some other glass protectors the color is off which may or may not bother some, personally it would drive me bonkers.

As you see in the pictures the cut-outs are dead on! However, this glass protector does not taper off the edges, instead it leaves a lip to which you can easily lift the protector off the phone. I was able to lift it off easily by just attempting to place a super thin case on, the case caught the edge of the glass and lifted it. I would be slightly cautious of purchasing this glass if you use one of those 0.3mm cases or something like that. If you are using a speck candy shell or something a little thicker I feel you would be ok.

Another miss in my eyes is quality control, look at the picture with the black dot visible. I am not sure what the black is but you can see it through the white painted glass area, looks as if its a sharpie or something? I tried to remove it once I removed it from my phone but no luck. I believe this was just a slight oversight but who knows?

The hardness of the glass is amazing. I bent it as much as I could until my finger tips turned white and it would not snap. It was not until I tried to bend with both hands that it actually snapped. This to me makes me feel comfortable that if you were to drop your phone or something onto the screen that it would easily save the screen. You will also see that when it does snap/break that its not into a million tiny specks of glass, rather just a shattered film which is a great safety feature. Some other cheaper protectors looked as if they attempted to achieve this but failed and glass went everywhere.

I feel as if this glass protector can be improved in a few areas as above but for the price its worth it. The glass is butter smooth just like the iPhone glass and its crystal clear. I would give this a B- if I had to grade it.

Keep in mind unlike other companies Anker offers a LIFETIME replacement if this were to bubble or break.

can be purchased @ http://www.amazon.com/Premium-Tempe...18683997&sr=1-1&keywords=anker+glass+iPhone+6

So you ordered this; it came and while it was still brand new, you broke it on purpose?

sheppy1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2008
Great review! Thanks for taking the time to test and review it properly too :) I have actually just bought this same one yesterday and it should be here today. My only concern was whether or not it would work with the cases I use

sheppy1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2008
Just fitted my anker full screen glass screen protector and it looks fantastic! Can't even tell it's on there except for a few tiny bubbles I managed to get under mine which don't seem to want to budge :(.

Instructions and packaging were top notch! No pigeon English and cheap plastic packaging here! Also it works great with the case I use too!

ihonda

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
Just fitted my anker full screen glass screen protector and it looks fantastic! Can't even tell it's on there except for a few tiny bubbles I managed to get under mine which don't seem to want to budge :(.

Instructions and packaging were top notch! No pigeon English and cheap plastic packaging here! Also it works great with the case I use too!
Lift it, clean area of screen with a wipe and reapply, use a blow dryer on low and apply pressure it should make the bubbles go away

davistld01

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
Springfield, MO

sheppy1...what case are you using? Apple?

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
How do I remove a glass SP that isn't broken so I can replace it with a better one without damaging my original screen?

TheChrisBlaze

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2011
How do I remove a glass SP that isn't broken so I can replace it with a better one without damaging my original screen?

This is somewhat challenging for the iPhone 6, I've done this with relative ease on my 5 and 5S, but can't quite keep it pristine for the 6. Basically just lift a corner slowly and guide your finger along the edge close to where the screen protector is lifting. If possible, place it on a clean piece of wax or parchment paper (or if you're daring and/or dexterous use the previous backing of your screen protector.).

sheppy1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2008
Review: Anker® Premium Full Screen Tempered Glass Screen Protector for iPhone 6

sheppy1...what case are you using? Apple?

In using a jetech one, see below:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418770713.374414.jpg

On a side note, lint and dust have already got stuck to the edges of mine and it's only been in half a day. Still a good protector though and that and the bubbles are the only issues I've had

Last edited:

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
In using a jetech one, see below:

View attachment 519994

On a side note, lint and dust have already got stuck to the edges of mine and it's only been in half a day. Still a good protector though and that and the bubbles are the only issues I've had

Can you please post actual pictures of your phone with the case? I'm interested in how it looks

sheppy1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2008
Can you please post actual pictures of your phone with the case? I'm interested in how it looks

Sure, will have to be later today when I get home though :). As I said all the edges are attracting dust and dirt now though! And this is with the case on.

Also there appears to be a small slit in the top edge of the protector which is allowing dirt to get into where the front camera is!

Jaw3000

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
Out of curiosity, what is the point of having the screen protector bezel painted a color (white) like this one, when it could just be clear glass and show the white or black from the iPhone below? I've noticed Mime has one like this too. Maybe I'm missing something.

Jazper

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
Out of curiosity, what is the point of having the screen protector bezel painted a color (white) like this one, when it could just be clear glass and show the white or black from the iPhone below? I've noticed Mime has one like this too. Maybe I'm missing something.

Probably so the adhesive doesn't show and also it's easier to curve plastic than glass.

shamashu

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2014

does the clear glass have adhesive? or only the painted glass adheres?

ihonda

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
does the clear glass have adhesive? or only the painted glass adheres?

It's a special type of adhesive but I believe it's the entire glass that's how it ensures no bubbles when applied correctly

enzo thecat

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2010
Midwest USA
It's only money.. And a lot of companies will send you a replacement if you explain how and why you broke it.

So you tell them you broke it on purpose to test its strength, and they accept that and send you a new one? Do you dive new cars into concrete walls too?

sheppy1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2008
Sure, will have to be later today when I get home though :). As I said all the edges are attracting dust and dirt now though! And this is with the case on.

Also there appears to be a small slit in the top edge of the protector which is allowing dirt to get into where the front camera is!

Here's the photos. Sorry about the quality, had to use another iphone to take them. You can see the lint around the edges in one of the photos
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418844959.947002.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418844988.023206.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418845020.140809.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418845031.010177.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.