Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

monkeyshiner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2014
Here is where the problem occurred. I recently tried out the Windows 10 technical preview on my Macbook. Everything was fine up until the 9876 build when my computer started to have issues. When booting up it stopped recognizing the hard drive. I would boot into Ubuntu, let the hard drive spin up, reboot and behold it would boot into OS X, though I would have to repeat the process if the computer went to sleep or shutdown. This was the case in both OS X and Windows. I later found out that it was an issue with something called Power Up in Standby on hard drives in a Windows driver and when they released an update that fixed it. Now I can let my computer sleep and shutdown while in Windows, but if I use OS X I have to reboot into Windows to let it sleep. I have run the Apple Diagnostics, reset the SMC, cleared the NVRAM and have checked to make sure my GPT/MBR are not corrupted. I think it does have something to do with PUIS, though I am not sure if that is the case. What I am wondering is:
1. Does this have to do with PUIS?
2. What is the fix for it?

I know of a tool that can change settings on the hard drive, I just don't know what the parameters should be.

Mid 2012 Macbook Pro

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.