Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

For the first time in two years, the Instagram app for iOS has been updated with all new filters. Added today, Slumber, Crema, Ludwig, Perpetua, and Aden are subtle filters that are designed to slightly enhance photos without overwhelming effects.

According to Instagram, early filters were designed to compensate for lower image quality, while the filters released today take into account higher image quality while providing tools to capture the mood of a moment.

instagramfilters.jpg
Inspired by the photography, art, fashion and design of the global Instagram community, we're releasing five new filters that we believe are our best yet. You'll see the filters at the front of your filter tray: Slumber, Crema, Ludwig, Aden and Perpetua. They soften and subtly shift colors to achieve the look and feel you want for your each photo.
In addition to the five new filters, Instagram for iOS has also gained the ability to upload slo-mo video, real-time commenting, a customizable filter tray, a new look for previewing filters, and photo perspective adjustment options.

Instagram can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Instagram for iOS Gains Five New Filters, Slo-Mo Video Uploads

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
Can really see the effect on these; how before i thought it was a car and tree but the filter really cleaned it up to reveal its really a smaller tree, a bicycle and a guy with an umbrella. Brilliant job guys!

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
Yet they refuse to update their old icon that looks completely out of place in iOS 7 & 8.

I think it looks great. Way better than the flat ones around it. Looks like someone really took some time over it.

nostaws

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2006
They still haven't added the ability to sign in to multiple accounts simultaneously. It is pretty obnoxious.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
They still haven't added the ability to sign in to multiple accounts simultaneously. It is pretty obnoxious.
Does any social networking/sharing/messaging app support something like that?

MacRazySwe

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
Now if they would only release an app for the iPad, that'd be great...

(I know there are 3rd party options out there, but I'm waiting for an official release..)

nostaws

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2006
I wouldn't say it was obnoxious, why do you have more than one account?

I have a personal account, and three others for various organizations with whom I am affiliated.

Using twitter I can be have multiple accounts with out having to login/logout each time I want to post something.

I actually use twitter more than instagram because of it.

octothorpe8

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2014
I have a personal account, and three others for various organizations with whom I am affiliated.

Using twitter I can be have multiple accounts with out having to login/logout each time I want to post something.

I actually use twitter more than instagram because of it.

Aha. So, each separate twitter account is configured to post to a separate instagram? Thanks, that's awesome -- been wondering how to do this!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.