Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Feb 26, 2006, 05:46 PM   #1
Matt Phoenix
macrumors regular

iLife up to date ordering problem

So, I bought my iBook last week off of Amazon, and really love it so far. However, it came with iLife '05 and I wanted to take advantage of the Up to
Date program. I went on Apple's website, and tried filling out Amazon as "Amazon" and as "Amazon.com," but when I enter the serial number and click submit, I always get a message that says "OOPS! An error has occurred during your session. Please return to the Store Menu to continue shopping." I know Apple doesn't want to give out their iLife upgrades cheap, but this is a bit ridiculous that this happens every time I've tried entering in my info. Any one else experience a similar problem or have advice on what exactly I should be doing?
Matt Phoenix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2006, 06:27 PM   #2
Macky-Mac
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Phoenix
So......Any one else experience a similar problem or have advice on what exactly I should be doing?

get on the phone and call the store, they'll tell you what to do to solve your problem
Macky-Mac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2006, 08:28 AM   #3
w8ing4intelmacs
macrumors 6502a

1-800-MY-APPLE is your friend
w8ing4intelmacs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2006, 08:33 AM   #4
ipacmm
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to ipacmm
I have had this issue before with 10.2 server to the up to date for 10.3 server...I had to call apple and fax in the receipt and then everything went fine.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 03:38 PM   #5
Matt Phoenix
macrumors regular

Yea, looks like I'll have to call them. The only problem is that I don't have a fax machine. I do have a scanner though. Is there a program that'll allow me to send faxes from my computer, sans fax machine?
Matt Phoenix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2006, 03:56 PM   #6
ipacmm
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to ipacmm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Phoenix
Yea, looks like I'll have to call them. The only problem is that I don't have a fax machine. I do have a scanner though. Is there a program that'll allow me to send faxes from my computer, sans fax machine?
I think there is a way to send a fax through the scanner...but I don't know much about it. You can always go down to Kinkos to send the fax.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice