Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Matt Phoenix

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
So, I bought my iBook last week off of Amazon, and really love it so far. However, it came with iLife '05 and I wanted to take advantage of the Up to
Date program. I went on Apple's website, and tried filling out Amazon as "Amazon" and as "Amazon.com," but when I enter the serial number and click submit, I always get a message that says "OOPS! An error has occurred during your session. Please return to the Store Menu to continue shopping." I know Apple doesn't want to give out their iLife upgrades cheap, but this is a bit ridiculous that this happens every time I've tried entering in my info. Any one else experience a similar problem or have advice on what exactly I should be doing?

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2004
Matt Phoenix said:
So......Any one else experience a similar problem or have advice on what exactly I should be doing?

get on the phone and call the store, they'll tell you what to do to solve your problem

ipacmm

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2003
Cincinnati, OH
I have had this issue before with 10.2 server to the up to date for 10.3 server...I had to call apple and fax in the receipt and then everything went fine.

Matt Phoenix

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
Yea, looks like I'll have to call them. The only problem is that I don't have a fax machine. I do have a scanner though. Is there a program that'll allow me to send faxes from my computer, sans fax machine?

ipacmm

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2003
Cincinnati, OH
Matt Phoenix said:
Yea, looks like I'll have to call them. The only problem is that I don't have a fax machine. I do have a scanner though. Is there a program that'll allow me to send faxes from my computer, sans fax machine?

I think there is a way to send a fax through the scanner...but I don't know much about it. You can always go down to Kinkos to send the fax.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.