Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

velvetlounger

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
I dont seem to be able to find a section on here where people are buying and selling. I am currently looking to obtain a G5 case for a non computer build project. Preferably for free or as little as possible. It does not need to be in immaculate condition, but the side door should work properly. No internals needed. Anyone know where I can find such a thing?

cocacolakid

macrumors 65816
Dec 18, 2010
Chicago
If you are in the U.S. check your local craigslist, you'll save on shipping and the handles on those cases frequently get damaged in shipping anyway.

Odds of finding one for free are not great but cheap, non-working, you can find those.

velvetlounger

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Thanks for the followup. I will try the craigslist idea too. I know I have been a member for way longer than 180 days, but I guess my post count may be low.

Cheers!

NOTNlCE

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Thanks for the followup. I will try the craigslist idea too. I know I have been a member for way longer than 180 days, but I guess my post count may be low.

Cheers!

Craigslist is by far the best/easiest option. I've acquired 3 that way, for very cheap/nothing. Currently using 2 pressed together with a plank on top as a nightstand.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.