Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdaniel

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2009
Lviv, Ukraine
So I lost my phone and I have been trying to use imessage on my mac and it doesn't seem to be working everything returns as not delivered. Help? THANKS

Artimus12

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2011
YooKay
Have you tried Find My iPhone from your Mac's iCloud web login? Use it inform you when the phone is switched on\located & to put a message on the phone's screen, which would be more helpful than just sending a message, I would think - you can also lock it &\or remote wipe it ...once wiped you won't find it again though.

jdaniel

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2009
Lviv, Ukraine
Have you tried Find My iPhone from your Mac's iCloud web login? Use it inform you when the phone is switched on\located & to put a message on the phone's screen, which would be more helpful than just sending a message, I would think - you can also lock it &\or remote wipe it ...once wiped you won't find it again though.

thanks for the reponse, the thread is about sending imessage from mac not about the phone being lost, that is just a back story incase my not having an iphone with me at the moment some how affects imessage on mac in a way I am not aware of.

Artimus12

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2011
YooKay
Oooookay!

So have you set your message preferences to "Start new conversation from:" ...your Apple ID email address rather than your lost & deactivated iPhone number?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-12-21 at 19.40.37.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-21 at 19.40.37.png
    176.7 KB · Views: 81

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Also: of course, can only send to other iMessage users (ie. won't deliver SMS)

For example, here is what happens when I try to send to my other number which is not an iPhone.

Attachments

• err_sms.jpg
    err_sms.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 84
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.