Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wheelie4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2007
NC, USA
Does anybody know exactly what option #1 and option #2 actually entails? I would like to fully know what these actually represent. The network part I understand. Any explanation is greatly appreciated and as much detail as possible the better to understand. Thank you. :)

Attachments

• HT5872_06-yosemite-select_items-en.jpg
    HT5872_06-yosemite-select_items-en.jpg
    374.4 KB · Views: 138

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
Other files and folders -- folders and files that are not in the Home folder, or are otherwise required by the OS.

Computer and network settings -- user preference files, application preference files, etc.

Wheelie4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2007
NC, USA
Other files and folders -- folders and files that are not in the Home folder, or are otherwise required by the OS.

Computer and network settings -- user preference files, application preference files, etc.

Thank you. I don't want to do a complete fresh install but I would like to format and reinstall Yosemite and just migrate my user account over. I would just looking for what option not to choose so that my system preferences within my user account would be fresh. It looks like not choosing "computer and network settings" would be the way to do that. I've been trying to set "show scrollbars" under general to "automatically based on mouse or trackpad" but it always returns back to "always". In the root account which I don't use it set on "automatically based on mouse or trackpad".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.