Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OZSTL

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2014
I have used move to edit some HD video and exported it to my camera roll. It filled up my iPad. 66GB. No when I delete the movies it does not free up space. I have deleted them in photos and iMovie but still have a named full iPad.

Any ideas??

OZSTL

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2014
I am going to answer my own question. In the photos app deleted videos and photos get stored for 30 days or until you delete them. the problem is it only shows under the ABLUM tab, so they are basically sitting in the trash can hidden and taking up space.

Glad I backed up and restored taking hours to fix something that was a 10 second fix. :)

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I am going to answer my own question. In the photos app deleted videos and photos get stored for 30 days or until you delete them. the problem is it only shows under the ABLUM tab, so they are basically sitting in the trash can hidden and taking up space.

Glad I backed up and restored taking hours to fix something that was a 10 second fix. :)

I was going to tell you that haha.

JPIndustrie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2008
Queens, NY

Thanks for the tip!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.