Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PowerMac G4 MDD

macrumors 68000
Jul 13, 2014
Merry X-mas to all (who celebrate it). It will be fun to see if there is a sudden swarm of threads here about new computers. ;)

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2013
Merry X-mas to all (who celebrate it). It will be fun to see if there is a sudden swarm of threads here about new computers. ;)

Would be very nice. Hmm, I got a new Dell Venue 7 Pro, a Ducky Mini with Blue/Red LEDS, a Pebble regular, an AM3 Athilon CPU (for a future mackintosh build :)) some great clothes, a Amazon gift card, and some candy.

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
Would be very nice. Hmm, I got a new Dell Venue 7 Pro, a Ducky Mini with Blue/Red LEDS, a Pebble regular, an AM3 Athilon CPU (for a future mackintosh build :)) some great clothes, a Amazon gift card, and some candy.

You got the best gifts :confused:

Did you buy/ask all those for yourself or were they all a surprise?

PowerMac G4 MDD

macrumors 68000
Jul 13, 2014

Nice! Wouldn't Intel be better for a Hackintosh build though?

So far I have my Mac Pro, 2GB extra RAM for my iMac G5 (to max it out at 2.5GB), and I am gonna order my SSD soon.

We get trinkets during New Year's, since we celebrate it with the other side of the family, but otherwise I only asked for three presents.

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014

So far I have my Mac Pro, 2GB extra RAM for my iMac G5 (to max it out at 2.5GB), and I am gonna order my SSD soon.

We get trinkets during New Year's, since we celebrate it with the other side of the family, but otherwise I only asked for three presents.

All those things you bought for yourself or asked to get it? Then you knew what you were getting right?

----------

I got a 2tb hdd which I already knew I was getting so I practically bought it for myself. the enclosure hasn't arrived yet and won't arrive in quite a while :(

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2013
You got the best gifts :confused:

Did you buy/ask all those for yourself or were they all a surprise?

Most everything was a surprise, and dont worry, it was all on sale at a much cheaper price on Amazon. I usually don't get anything that nice.

Definitely would, but I have a motherboard laying around with 4 RAM slots, 2 of which are filled with 2GB, it made sense to buy a $60 CPU than a new motherboard/cpu together. I have some christmas cash, so I am looking to get a new GFX card. Hopefully it works out for the best.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Merry Christmas!

I did end up getting a new KingSpec SSD for my PowerBook, 32 GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive, and a new 32 GB SD card for my camera. I love computer stuff on Christmas morning! Let us all not forget the true reason for Christmas however!

ctmpkmlec4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 4, 2014
Lyons, KS
I got this for my PC... Don't hate.

Attachments

• daskeyboard.jpg
    daskeyboard.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 117

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
I remember getting an 870 when I was 12. Best Christmas ever!

You'll shoot your eye out, Kid :) . I've never had an 870-the only shotguns I have are an ancient Winchester '97(from about 1910) and and a slightly newer Winchester Model 12-both in 16 gauge. I've been impressed with every 870 I've handled-they're just not an old Winchester :)

This year for me it was a Rock Island Arms 1911 in 38 Super. This is my first 1911. I'm looking forward to getting out to the range and trying it out. I knew the gun was coming, so I'd already bought reloading dies, brass, and bullets for it. I spent this afternoon loading up some ammo.

PowerMac G4 MDD

macrumors 68000
Jul 13, 2014
All those things you bought for yourself or asked to get it? Then you knew what you were getting right?

----------

I got a 2tb hdd which I already knew I was getting so I practically bought it for myself. the enclosure hasn't arrived yet and won't arrive in quite a while :(

I asked for these, but sadly it is NEVER a surprise because I have to specify what I want... that's the problem when all you want are computer things.

----------

You'll shoot your eye out, Kid :) . I've never had an 870-the only shotguns I have are an ancient Winchester '97(from about 1910) and and a slightly newer Winchester Model 12-both in 16 gauge. I've been impressed with every 870 I've handled-they're just not an old Winchester :)

This year for me it was a Rock Island Arms 1911 in 38 Super. This is my first 1911. I'm looking forward to getting out to the range and trying it out. I knew the gun was coming, so I'd already bought reloading dies, brass, and bullets for it. I spent this afternoon loading up some ammo.

I have shot the 1911 a few times and it is an awesome gun.

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
I have shot the 1911 a few times and it is an awesome gun.

I stick to S&W and Colt revolvers mostly...in fact this is my first semi-auto handgun. I get some funny looks when I unpack my range back, as I'm usually the only guy there(much less the only guy in his mid-20s) with nothing but wheel guns.

I think the 38 Super is suitably oddball to fit me. As Colt developed the Super around the 1911 platform, I figure it's a legitimate chambering(as opposed to an abomination like a 9mm 1911). Rock Islands are, of course, on the low end of the 1911 spectrum and mine is the bare bones "GI Model." A friend has an essentially identical one in 45 ACP, and has been nothing but happy with it.

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2013
I've heard those are very good

----------

Did anyone see Interstellar? I just saw it today. YOU HAVE TO SEE IT! IT IS AMAZING!

Dude. Gorgeous movie! Words can't describe. :D
I think they are definitely worth the money. I opted for the Cherry MX Blue switches, and I really like the feel of the keys. Would recommend to someone looking to purchase a mechanical keyboard. Daskeyboard also has a version for Mac: http://shop.daskeyboard.com/products/professional-for-mac

Loving the blues on my new Ducky Mini. Just got it day (Xmas). I personally love the small footprint, it fits nice and neat on my desk. I agree with you though, the blues feel better than the reds.

PowerMac G4 MDD

macrumors 68000
Jul 13, 2014
I stick to S&W and Colt revolvers mostly...in fact this is my first semi-auto handgun. I get some funny looks when I unpack my range back, as I'm usually the only guy there(much less the only guy in his mid-20s) with nothing but wheel guns.

I think the 38 Super is suitably oddball to fit me. As Colt developed the Super around the 1911 platform, I figure it's a legitimate chambering(as opposed to an abomination like a 9mm 1911). Rock Islands are, of course, on the low end of the 1911 spectrum and mine is the bare bones "GI Model." A friend has an essentially identical one in 45 ACP, and has been nothing but happy with it.

I like revolvers too, although handguns are also something else on their own. It may sound stupid, but I find it really annoying to load a clip. It's a breeze to pop rounds right into a revolver and fire by either pulling the drum back or letting the trigger/finger do all the work. I am not a big gun guy and am not keen on the terminology, but I do have a good shot and am definitely not new to guns.

----------

Merry Christmas!

I did end up getting a new KingSpec SSD for my PowerBook, 32 GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive, and a new 32 GB SD card for my camera. I love computer stuff on Christmas morning! Let us all not forget the true reason for Christmas however!

I wish I could have said the same! I get computer things too, but it's hard when things come before X-mas or aren't ordered until afterwards. Add that to the fact that X-mas wasn't spent at my own house, and there you have it. Hmm, maybe I'll try to correct this for next X-mas.

Granted, my X-mas presents were good compared to others years (just because I normally don't even know what to ask for anymore). Although several days before X-mas, I DID get my Mac Pro and then got my RAM for my iMac G5. Expecting my SSD soon and I am very excited! Congrats on your SSD---I am curious as to know how much of a difference it makes. Assuming you used to have a spinner in your PBG4, maybe you should try doing some kind of comparison test.

Last edited:

jrsx

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2013
Tacoma, Washington
Merry Christmas!

What size of SSD? And amen to that second part... ;)

headsh0t95

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2013
Netherlands
Guns and christmas... Thats not what the ideology of Christmas is.. (Btw guns are not allowed in the Netherlands so I haven't gotten one). Christmas is about the birth of Jesus, peace and being together!

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
I hope everyone here had a wonderful holiday! I celebrated by purchasing myself a 12" PowerBook G4. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.