Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hidehide

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 1, 2007
Hi all, I would like to share with you guys that I have finally found the best combination of case and even protector for myself.

Case : Powersupport smoke air jacket (wont be talking much here as there is a dedicated thread of it)
Screen protector : Remax edge to edge glass protector 0.2mm

The powersupport I ordered is Japan version which comes with a clear screen protector which doesn't protect the edge of the screen. I have been using it for 2 months, but am not satisfy with it since it has break the flow of back page swiping gesture as the screen protector ends right at the edge of the screen.. After months of waiting, edge to edge screen protector starts to come out. Still being skeptical on their quality, I decided to try to order from Taobao (China ebay) since a few of users reported that they are actually quite good quality and cheap. So I ordered this remax 0.2mm edge to edge glass protector for USD7 shipped (well, I have an address to receive from China, that's why I got free shipping). I just put that one, and im quite surprised that the fitting is perfect. Although the protector is 0.2mm thick, it actually matches perfectly with the thickness of the powersupport air jacket. Now im able to get back the smooth back page swiping gesture without the flow of the motion being disturbed.

Here is some screenshot of the products:
56dffc6e70905e8f572942ddf7174227.jpg
952288da749ca34941392edb36637621.jpg
20b93d9bd1f6c43ce04a76e7f5afc4ff.jpg
f89801cd25f016258cf0965359dbfd3f.jpg
19d74a211b02194698785b1fd57596db.jpg
281d765a8afe394adacec2fff875d510.jpg
ebd628fb7f475113ab74bb57fe07fb25.jpg

hidehide

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 1, 2007
Is the case snug? Mine has slight movement along the bottom right corner.

If you squeeze it hard, there will be some movement.. But I guess that's the trade off for full protection on all 4 sides.. If they make it perfectly fit, we wont be able to get it in..

----------

Meh, that screen protector isn't edge to edge. Still falls a bit short.

True though.. Need to accompany with a case as oppose to naked..

hidehide

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 1, 2007
I think that's the biggest issue, if anyone makes a true edge to edge protector, then you can't really use any kind of case.

And then they will also have to make an edge to edge back protector as well..
As stated in some websites, the curve edge made from different factories are not exactly the same, there are tolerance level. This make true edge to edge to be impossible..

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
I actually like this screen protector. The fact that it doesn't go all the way to the edge preserves the curvature of the device while still covering more screen than most non-edge-to-edge SPs.

Available in the US?

hidehide

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 1, 2007
Powersupport + Remax edge to edge glass protector = Perfect combination

I actually like this screen protector. The fact that it doesn't go all the way to the edge preserves the curvature of the device while still covering more screen than most non-edge-to-edge SPs.

Available in the US?

They don't officially sell it in US. Just check ebay and found there are stores shopping worldwide..
http://m.ebay.com/itm/141518281251?nav=SEARCH
Or you could find agent that helps to place order and ships to the States...

Last edited:

danny8200

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2014
Chicopee, MA
I have the "force" version of that case. Same color. I didn't like it at first but after a few days it really grew on me. Now it's the only case I'll use.

shamashu

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all, I would like to share with you guys that I have finally found the best combination of case and even protector for myself.

Case : Powersupport smoke air jacket (wont be talking much here as there is a dedicated thread of it)
Screen protector : Remax edge to edge glass protector 0.2mm

The powersupport I ordered is Japan version which comes with a clear screen protector which doesn't protect the edge of the screen. I have been using it for 2 months, but am not satisfy with it since it has break the flow of back page swiping gesture as the screen protector ends right at the edge of the screen.. After months of waiting, edge to edge screen protector starts to come out. Still being skeptical on their quality, I decided to try to order from Taobao (China ebay) since a few of users reported that they are actually quite good quality and cheap. So I ordered this remax 0.2mm edge to edge glass protector for USD7 shipped (well, I have an address to receive from China, that's why I got free shipping). I just put that one, and im quite surprised that the fitting is perfect. Although the protector is 0.2mm thick, it actually matches perfectly with the thickness of the powersupport air jacket. Now im able to get back the smooth back page swiping gesture without the flow of the motion being disturbed.

Here is some screenshot of the products:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Is the painted bezels made of plastic?

kaikai830

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2010

Available in the US?

The Mime color glass is the same, doesn't go all the way to the edge but better than this glass because it's all black once install on the phone. It doesn't have that white outline around the screen like this and a few other chinese glass like the benks and nillkin.

hidehide

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 1, 2007
Powersupport + Remax edge to edge glass protector = Perfect combination

The Mime color glass is the same, doesn't go all the way to the edge but better than this glass because it's all black once install on the phone. It doesn't have that white outline around the screen like this and a few other chinese glass like the benks and nillkin.

That's the only thing im complaining right now..
But do you know how thick is the Mime color glass? They didn't say on their site. But I think I will settle with this cheap one first ($7 vs $29) and wait for a few generation improvement before spending some bucks on a good one.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.