Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbarley

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island

Looks like my days of shopping from and supporting OWC might be over.
They seemed to have changed something about their shipping policy and no longer offer USPS service.
I phoned and enquired but the person in their sales dept could offer no solution, just reinterated "that is the best discounted rate they offered."
In the past I've purchased ram, data-doublers, external enclosures and other stuff and never faced such an inflexible shipping cost.
That 99 cent auto adapter, best case shipping cost...($27.66)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-12-27 at 9.27. AM.png
    Screenshot 2014-12-27 at 9.27. AM.png
    23.4 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
Looks like my days of shoping from and supporting OWC might be over.
They seemed to have changed something about their shipping policy and no longer offer USPS service.
I phoned and enquired but the person in their sales dept could offer no solution, just reinterated "that is the best discounted rate they offered."
In the past I've purchased ram, data-doublers, external enclosures and other stuff and never faced such an inflexible shipping cost.

why is the economy more expensive than the proioiryty?

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2013

Yeah, OWC may be the oldest and the 'most reliable', but they definitely aren't the most economic. They are the 'Apple Store' of parts suppliers. You can buy the same Crucial memory from Amazon for a bit cheaper.

I have NEVER bought anything from OWC, just powerbookmedic.com (my go-to site) and Amazon.

jbarley

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
OWC's shipping policies are very confusing. They want $27 to ship me a 99 cent adapter yet they are willing to ship me an SSD for $2.99, go figure?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-12-30 at 6.31. PM.png
    Screenshot 2014-12-30 at 6.31. PM.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 88
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.