Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coolpillows

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2014
It all started when I upgraded to iOS8 and then Yosemite on my desktop. Very actively using Pages for several years with my iPad, I was looking forward to finally having a sync between the two devices without going through iTunes and all that rigamorole. (Kinda like the way, uh, Dropbox & Google Drive does it...helLO?)

But it got terribly screwed up. So much so that I couldn't get iCloud Drive to present ANY of my iCloud docs on my Mac. When I tried to log into Pages through a browser, it dumps me out of the entire session back to the iCloud login screen. The only place there are the real Pages docs is in my iOS devices and even some of those docs are corrupted and not usable. Apparently, they ARE in iCloud in some capacity though b/c I can download them to the iPad and view them, edit, etc.

I contacted Apple and spent the past 2 months on and off the phone with a rep who, though conscientious, did nothing. He contacted Apple engineers and they looked into the situation in all sorts of ways I can't even recount here. I'm open to input from the MacRumors forum, but I would bet I've tried everything you can think of.

Ultimately, I wanted Apple to pull whatever data is on the iCloud servers and let me access it outside of the whole iCloud system. Manually getting the files from my iPad to my Mac through iTunes is a colossal pain requiring a 7 step process for each individual doc and with hundreds of Pages docs, it will take HOURS.

I'm also posting this to see if there are similar souls out there and as a warning to those who have yet to integrate the whole iCloud ecosystem. I've posted extensively on the Apple discussion boards and will post in other forums as I see fit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.