Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xephian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2005
United States
Would it be okay to remove the invisible shield after it's been drying for 4 hours? It seems there are lot's of bubbles on it but I've ran out of the "special solution" that you're supposed to spray on it.

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
I'm not so sure about that... you dont' really need the special sauce to apply the solution, but after letting it dry that long i think it might remove the adhesive. Are the bubbles air or water? If they're water, don't worry... they somehow, magically dry out. I have no idea how. But they do. If they're air, then i don't know what to suggest.

And your avatar is freakin me out.

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
To remove it, just start peeling slowly from a corner. As for the solution, their site reads:
PLEASE NOTE: This solution is offered for your convenience and is NOT required for correct application.
What you can do is make "wet water" (as it's known in hobbyist circles :eek: )
again, from their site:
Make a solution of soapy water. Mix 5 to 10 ounces of water with one small drop of liquid baby shampoo or liquid dish soap. Please note that you will NOT be needing all of this water. In fact, you will need hardly any of it! It activates the adhesive and makes the film slippery when applied.
I used this method on my S710a, and it worked perfectly.

Xephian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2005
United States
Thanks, it worked. And apparently I've also put it on the wrong side (sticky side) also.

It looks a lot better now except there is one small bubble with water in it but hopefully it'll disappear when it drys.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.