Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imahawki

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 26, 2011
I did a search and didn't find any answers so I'm starting a thread. I've never been able to get iDentify to properly assign the SD, HD 720 and HD 1080 values no matter where I set the resolution in preferences. I do two encodes of my Blu-Ray rips. One for "high profile" and one for iPad. It always detects both as 720 even if I check the resolution of the files in Finder and the HD version is clearly 1080. Is anyone getting this to work?

Or is there a better tagging app out there for OSX at this point?

Last edited:

sodapop1

Suspended
Sep 7, 2014
"It always detects both as 720"

What are you referring to as it? The fact that the correct value for the resolution is displayed when viewed with "Finder" means that the tags are already being set appropriately. So your problem seems to be with "it", whatever that may be.

charlien

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2006
I have both Identify and IVI. I think IVI does a better job with file naming and metadata. It will also convert the file if needed. If you don't need to convert the file you can tell it to change the info only.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.