Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

0xyMoron

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 5, 2012
California
Hey! I managed to recruit my cousin to join the dark side and buy himself a MacBook Pro now i'm supposed to find him a used one on Amazon (entry level, nothing too fancy) can anyone help me find something decent? I'm not familiar with buying used items online.

Is this good enough?

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Rather than Amazon, or eBay, or others which are similar, I would strongly recommend Apple themselves and take a look at the refurbished section.

With a refurb, you will get a computer that is brand new (even though the specifications might not be the most recent), offered at a generous (sometimes very generous) discount, and covered by all of Apple's warranties and guarantees.

For my part, I have bought refurb computers in the past and found them excellent.

JHUFrank

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
My wife and I buy all of our computers from Apple refurb. They are essentially new machines that come in a plain box. Extremely pleased with every one we have purchased.

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Hey! I managed to recruit my cousin to join the dark side and buy himself a MacBook Pro now i'm supposed to find him a used one on Amazon (entry level, nothing too fancy) can anyone help me find something decent? I'm not familiar with buying used items online.

Is this good enough?

The dark side would be windows. It seems that you have shown him the light!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.