Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mlsusa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
I'm running into 2 seriously annoying issues when syncing photos and videos from Aperture (v 3.6) into my iPhone 6+ running iOS 8:

(1) Time stamps for videos are off by 5 hours. Being I'm in the east coast this could mean the iPhone thinks the time stamps for the videos are in GMT even though they are in my local time zone. These are videos I took with my iPhone, imported into Aperture, deleted from the iPhone, then sync'd back into the iPhone during the iTunes sync.

(2) It's a pain to copy new photos and videos in Aperture to the iPhone with an iTunes sync. iTunes says it's in the Importing Photos step but it stops abruptly without saying why it crapped out. Console shows no errors. I've resorted to deleting the photos from the phone by removing the album from the sync then adding the album back. If that doesn't work I rebuild the Aperture database. I don't know if either of these were actually what solved the problem or it was iTunes and/or Aperture just finally randomly deciding to finally bring the files into the phone. But if they are they seem to be heavy-handed solutions.

Any ideas what's going on here and if there are good solutions to these problems?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.