Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aaronvan

Suspended
Dec 21, 2011
República Cascadia
She certainly outlived Sharon Tate, who appeared in a number of Hillbillies episodes.

Most people don't know that Max Baer (Jethro) became a real estate mogul through shrewd investing. He's one of the wealthier people in Hollywood today.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
She certainly outlived Sharon Tate, who appeared in a number of Hillbillies episodes.

Most people don't know that Max Baer (Jethro) became a real estate mogul through shrewd investing. He's one of the wealthier people in Hollywood today.

She outlived Sharon Tate ?

What ?

You do know Charlie and gang murdered her a long long time ago right ?

Or was that sarcasm ?

Rest In Peace Elly May.

Last edited:

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003

As silly as it was, The Beverly Hillbillies was highly rated and a favorite of mine when I was growing up. Donna Douglas was 29 when the program debuted, years older than viewers were meant to assume.

With Donna Douglas's passing, Max Baer, Jr. is the only surviving regular cast member. I recall reading that he initially resented being typecast, but eventually came to realize how lucrative his connection to the show could be. (He also made a ton of money writing and producing movies.)

citizenzen

macrumors 68000
Mar 22, 2010
Donna Douglas also starred in one of the best Twilight Zone episodes: "The Eye of the Beholder."

Interesting. I was just reading her filmography on IMDB and saw Twilight Zone listed, but didn't note the episode.

Last night was a TZ marathon, and the one episode that I caught ... "The Eye of the Beholder."

I did not recognize her as the same actress who played Elly Mae.

aaronvan

Suspended
Dec 21, 2011
República Cascadia
Interesting. I was just reading her filmography on IMDB and saw Twilight Zone listed, but didn't note the episode.

Last night was a TZ marathon, and the one episode that I caught ... "The Eye of the Beholder."

I did not recognize her as the same actress who played Elly Mae.

I've seen that episode at least five times and didn't know it was Elly Mae, either. I just learned it today reading her obits.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.