Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A new internal sketch of Apple's larger-screened iPad Pro has surfaced by way of a Foxconn worker (via Nowhereelse.fr, Google Translate), showing what may be our first look at the large tablet and its physical features.

ipadprosketch-800x385.jpg
The employee who captured the sketch notes that initial testing phases for the larger iPad were halted last summer after Apple received new prototypes, but adds that mass production on the device will begin soon. The source also notes that the tablet will be between 6.9 and 7.5mm thick, and feature four integrated speakers with two on the top and two on the bottom.

Previous rumors have suggested that the iPad Pro is expected to feature a screen size between 12.2 and 12.9 inches along with an A8X processor, 2 GB of RAM, and a Touch ID fingerprint sensor. Most recently, Japanese magazine Mac Fan published possible schematics of the upcoming device, which suggested that the tablet would carry a 12.2-inch LCD display and carry the name "iPad Air Plus".

It is currently unknown as to when Apple would launch its larger-screened iPad, with reliable KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo suggesting that the tablet would not enter production until the second quarter of 2015 due to increased attention on iPhone 6 Plus production. However, with the supply of its larger phone greatly improving as of late, it is possible that Apple is now ready to put its full production efforts towards its larger iPad for a launch later this year.

Article Link: Internal Foxconn Sketch Said to Be of Apple's 'iPad Pro' Surfaces

Donoban

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2013
Sick right?

Thus pic seems to confirm stereo speakers with one placed on either side?

Edit. 4 speakers! This will truely be a revolutionary device when it comes out.

Last edited by a moderator:

WardC

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
I want one already...

I can see how this would be awesome for Music Apps such as virtual synths, keyboards, and DJ applications...the current iPad is great but more size would be even better!

j.moreno271

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2013
I really hope it's not just an upscaled version of the iPad and has some cool feature to it. I honestly wouldn't mind some sort of attachable keyboard...

Teste

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2011
Massively big screen!!!

...Still nine icons displayed within a folder :rolleyes:

That's today's Apple ;):apple:

WardC

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
I was hoping Apple would eventually make a TableTop Surface Computer...like an iOS touchscreen device on the scale of a 27" iMac or something, but Steve Jobs was already against this and I think Cook and Co. have adopted the same no-go on super-large touchscreen devices...

Attachments

• Zoom-Digital-Signage-Touch-Table.png
    Zoom-Digital-Signage-Touch-Table.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 307

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Phil: This is a gorgeous device. It features a 12" Retina HD screen, and its our thinness iPad yet. Just wait until you get your hands on this...you will love it!

TC03

macrumors 65816
Aug 17, 2008
Honest question: what good does a bigger screen do? Who thinks 9.7" is too small?

Cayden

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2014
Utah
This will be revolutionary if it succeeds at two different things; running either a OSX/iOS hybrid or some other software differing from basic iOS and if it has an efficient way to type on it

MasterRyu2011

macrumors 65816
Aug 22, 2014
Honest question: what good does a bigger screen do? Who thinks 9.7" is too small?

Bigger battery?? If they kept the resolution the same as the current Air, that would be a good thing...(not sure if it the resultant PPI is still 300 if that were the case)

strategicthinke

Suspended
Feb 6, 2014
Rio de Janeiro
I do...

I do. I am using my iPad Air 2 128gb right now with Excel, Safari, PDF Expert and (soon) Word - I am writing and editing my master's thesis. I do miss a larger screen in an iOS device. Multitasking with split view following Apple's aesthetics and useability experience will be amazing. I do understand that an iPad with 12.2 or 12.9 inches would not be really suitable nor light enough to be comfortably held with one hand - but it DOES have its purpose for those of us that are the new adopters of touch technology for productivity. Finally, stop deciding who is and who is NOT a power user - I do consider myself one, with a 2560x1440 screen to facilitate multitasking in my mac and windows laptops. Believe me, touch productivity is better than you might think it is once you try it for good.

kemal

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2001
Nebraska
Four speakers

So when you have to hold it with two hands in landscape orientation, you will block all the speakers.

I'm sure the genius new feature will be sensors in the speaker grills that will enable the diversion of audio to the un-blocked speakers. Or four-speaker mono.

rowspaxe

macrumors 68020
Jan 29, 2010
"its not a tablet if you cant hold it in one hand" crowd sleeping in today.

Really interestedto see how --or if--Apple deals with the keyboard, kickstand, pen issues.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
So when you have to hold it with two hands in landscape orientation, you will block all the speakers.

I'm sure the genius new feature will be sensors in the speaker grills that will enable the diversion of audio to the un-blocked speakers. Or four-speaker mono.

If it's a 12" or 13" device how many people will actually be holding it in their hands? I imagine if would be kind of awkward and heavy for that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.