Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

2015's Consumer Electronics Show has seen the unveiling of Cerevo's XON SNOW-1, a "smart" snowboard binding system that syncs via Bluetooth with a downloadable iOS or Android app to provide a slew of real-time analysis on a user's current run and a detailed overview of everything once at the bottom of the mountain.

Screenshot-59-800x457.png
The snowboard system tracks movement, speed, and technique, and can even monitor weight distribution on the fly. Thanks to four load sensors at the bottom of each foot, riders can visualize their balance and adjust their weight accordingly. Among other things, the app shows off: weight balance of each foot, center of gravity, board bend of the top and tail-side, and acceleration.

The data accrues for each run, allowing its users to delve deep into the app's functionality at the end of each run or while waiting on the ski lift for the next one. The board also has four bright LED lights installed in each toe and heel side, simultaneously allowing an easy riding position check and providing a safety feature for dusk and nighttime riders.

Screenshot-60-800x450.png
Customers interested in the XON SNOW-1 can go to the official website and sign up to receive the latest information on the bindings. Little else is known at this time, but Cerevo states the bindings will be available "within year 2015" and will cost around $500.

Article Link: CES 2015: Cerevo Debuts XON SNOW-1 Smart Snowboard Bindings, Providing Real-Time Data Analysis

jmh600cbr

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2012
great concept, would love to see this integrated with my goggles. I likely won't buy this until burton makes a toe strap version, but this is the route i like to see being taken.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.