Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded a fourth beta of OS X 10.10.2 Yosemite to developers, nearly four weeks after the previous beta release. The interval between seeds was slightly longer than usual for recent updates, presumably due to the holiday pause.

10_10_2_14c94b.jpg
The new beta, build 14C94b, is available through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store and through the Mac Dev Center.

Apple continues to ask developers to focus their testing on Wi-Fi, Mail, and VoiceOver. Wi-Fi in particular has been an issue for some OS X Yosemite users since the operating system's October launch, and OS X 10.10.1 released in November failed to resolve all of those problems.

Article Link: Apple Seeds OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 Build 14C94b to Developers

jkichline

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
Apple, if you're listening...

Could you please fix the terrible UI glitches? I run dual screens on a MBPr 15". If I'm running iTunes video in the main display with my code on an external monitor, the video blinks incessantly when switching windows. Also the menubar is constantly redrawing on the non-active screen with white blocks when using the dark theme.

eebean2

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2013
It's letting iOS Developers (without the Mac Dev Cert.) download...

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
WiFi complaints in... 3....2...1.....

Well, hopefully it's fixed. WiFi seems to be very hard thing for Apple to get it right. With 10.10.1 and iOS 8.1.2, I experience WiFi disconnect and/or slowdown very frequently.

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
United States
Could you please fix the terrible UI glitches? I run dual screens on a MBPr 15". If I'm running iTunes video in the main display with my code on an external monitor, the video blinks incessantly when switching windows. Also the menubar is constantly redrawing on the non-active screen with white blocks when using the dark theme.

Apple doesn't listen on these boards. The only way is to send them feedback. If you have a Mac Developer license, use bugreport.apple.com, otherwise, use feedback.apple.com. I found that Apple actually replies when using bugreport.apple.com system.

That said, I have filed multiple radars about graphical glitches, and they all have gone unresolved. They only asked me for system logs but then they failed to respond further. Once in a while after some time from the original radar filing date, they tell me that the issue "may" be fixed in the recent dev update build, even when clearly there was no work done on the graphics side. :rolleyes: I have to keep telling them that the issue has not been fixed. I think they just want to close out the radars.

DaveMcM76

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2012
Scottish Highlands
hopefully they fixed iTunes not recognizing devices

I had this issue with my iPod classic being ejected as soon as iTunes started - it worked perfectly in disk mode if iTunes wasn't running - and logged a bug report which got it closed as a duplicate pretty quickly so they definitely know about it... Whether it is fixed yet is a whole other question though.

Downgraded my iTunes Mac mini back to 10.10.1 and it fixed itself immediately so it was definitely a 10.10.2 issue...

jrath1

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2005
I hope this fixes the issue I'm having with apple tv and airplay. I get stuttering, and lag using yosemite on my second generation apple tv.

Last edited:

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
Apple doesn't listen on these boards. The only way is to send them feedback. If you have a Mac Developer license, use bugreport.apple.com, otherwise, use feedback.apple.com. I found that Apple actually replies when using bugreport.apple.com system.

That said, I have filed multiple radars about graphical glitches, and they all have gone unresolved. They only asked me for system logs but then they failed to respond further. Once in a while after some time from the original radar filing date, they tell me that the issue "may" be fixed in the recent dev update build, even when clearly there was no work done on the graphics side. :rolleyes: I have to keep telling them that the issue has not been fixed. I think they just want to close out the radars.

Not another person. It doesn't matter if you're a registered developer or not! You can use bugreport.apple.com whether you're a developer or not.

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
I'm a consumer but had a problem that AppleCare couldn't help me with. I thought it was a bug and reported it through bugreporter.apple.com using a free developer account. They identified the bug and it is supposedly fixed in 10.10.2.

In the mean time to get around the bug they had me disable OpenCL which means my computer has been very, very, very slow. So I am really looking forward to this.

I purposefully did not sign up to be a beta tester of Yosemite over the summer, but I've ended up being one anyway.

Apple's software has gone to crap in terms of quality over the last several years.

zombiecakes

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2012
why is it taking so long to fix the wifi? Im sick of having to manually connect 2 times every time I open my MBP

jmh600cbr

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2012
I had this issue with my iPod classic being ejected as soon as iTunes started - it worked perfectly in disk mode if iTunes wasn't running - and logged a bug report which got it closed as a duplicate pretty quickly so they definitely know about it... Whether it is fixed yet is a whole other question though.

Downgraded my iTunes Mac mini back to 10.10.1 and it fixed itself immediately so it was definitely a 10.10.2 issue...

Yeah, it was a well known issue. Downgrading did fix it, hopefully this does too.

michaelmac

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2006
iPod Classic fix

Great news for those who couldn't sync iPod Classic under previous release of 10.10.2 - it now works fine!

Macsterguy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Texas
Make Yosemite right...

I would be so happy if Apple would just make Yosemite right and never update again... Really tired of it... In the year 2015 it shouldn't be hard to get Wi-Fi right. Sheeeesh Apple Mail has never been this bad... really, I mean really. Did I say really? Cmon

meme1255

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2012
Czechia
why is it taking so long to fix the wifi? Im sick of having to manually connect 2 times every time I open my MBP

It's probably something complex, iOS 8 has similar problems, in my opinion it's related to some Continuity stuff (which IMHO required major changes in Wi-Fi &*BT) ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.