Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joebrown

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2014
Hi,

I had a White 32GB iPad mini 2 with Retina for Christmas, and absolutely love it... Had iPad before but this one being smaller yet bigger than a phone and so lite is perfect. However, after a few days of opening it and now two weeks of using it, it's started to bug me that I wish I'd had space grey...

I've obviously looked at selling this one (still in Mint condiction) and buying another, but it would cost me up to £80 to make the difference back up to a brand new one.

Has anyone ever had this before? What would you suggest? Should I sell this one on eBay and buy another Mint but used one on there in exchange? Or is there a better way?

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Take it into the store and see if your still within the refund window as it's usually extended for Xmas. The. Get the refund on a gift card and repurchase.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Today is the last day for the holiday return window...assuming it was purchased outside of 14 days at apple.

Joebrown

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2014
Oh no, I'd of done that in the first week had I known there was an extension since it was brought as a present about a month before Christmas!

However I don't think it was brought from the Apple Store anyway... Would this be a problem? And if not is there anyway of me doing this now tonight either through the website or by calling the store?

----------

Just checked the apple site and it does say the item has to be purchased from the Apple Store, either online or in person... Which I guess means a retailer like Argos wouldn't count.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Actually I found out recently in the US, you can return it to Apple within 14 days if it was purchased else where, as long as it was an authorized dealer. This is part of the warranty terms and agreements. Not the store, but you have to contact Apple within the 14 days to get an RMA. Unfortunately I found this out one day too late.

http://www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/sales-policies/reseller.html

I guess an authorized retailer wouldn't refuse a return within the return period though. I would check with the place it was purchased at.

To the OP, where did you buy it? Most retailers have extended holiday returns.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.