Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Big Byte

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2009
I recently got the Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Word apps for my iPad. I was wondering if the Word app allows me to either convert or save a .doc file to a .pdf file like I can do in the standard Microsoft Word application on my MacBook Pro (i.e. directly from the print menu).

If so, can someone please tell me how to do it?

If not, can someone suggest an iPad app that will allow me to either convert or save a .doc file to a .pdf file? Perhaps the app comes stock on the iPad and I don't know it?

The ability to password protect the newly converted or saved .pdf file is something I would also like to be able to do, either from the Word app for iPad or the suggested app.

The reason I ask is that I would like to be able to create a document on my iPad, save it as a .pdf file on my iPad and then email the .pdf file from the iPad.

Thanks in advance for all help.

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
You can e-mail the document as a PDF using the share button on the top right of the screen.

Strangely, you can not save a PDF directly on the iPad or on OneDrive however. I think this is a missing function.

Big Byte

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2009
You can e-mail the document as a PDF using the share button on the top right of the screen.

Strangely, you can not save a PDF directly on the iPad or on OneDrive however. I think this is a missing function.

That's definitely a start, and, even if that's all that I can do, should be enough. I'll give it a try. Thanks for your help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.