Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gazelle85

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2015
Hi there,

I'm working on a brochure in InDesign at the moment, and on screen, when exported to PDF it all looks fine.

However, when I print out on a normal laserjet printer I get faint coloured boxes around the graphics.

I have tried flattening etc which doesn't seem to have made a difference.

My question is whether it is more to do with the printer? So when I send it to the production house to print properly, perhaps this problem won't occur?

Thank you

superscape

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
East Riding of Yorkshire, UK
Hi there,

Without seeing your file(s) I can't be 100% sure about anything. However, I'd suspect that if your PDF looks okay and your InDesign document looks okay then the weirdness is probably coming from your inkjet.

If you're in any doubt, I'd strongly suggest that you ask your production people to supply you with a proof before printing. That way, if there is an issue then at least you have a chance to fix it before printing thousands of copies! ;-)

Good luck

Rob

Gazelle85

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2015
Hi Rob,

Thanks very much for your reply.

I will see if the printer can get me a preproof. In the meantime, could it be because I'm using PSD instead of EPS images?

Thanks

Gazelle85

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2015
...also, it prints fine in greyscale, and also when you select 'print as image' in the print options. Not sure what that would indicate?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.