Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wsarahan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2009
Hi guys how are you?

I have an iPhone 6 Plus at 8.1.2 and it keeps losing Wifi at any hotspot i`m conected

The wifi simbold stays on, conected but just stop browsing, i have to turn off wifi and turn on again to solve the issue, or disconect and forget the network and do it again

Already made the wifi reset settings and nothing

Anyone with the same issue?

Please let me know if it`s a commom issue and a software one or a hardware issue

Thanks guys

dcharleyultra

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2013
It's never happened to me.

Has this been the case since you've had this phone, or is it new since 8.1.2?

wsarahan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2009
It's never happened to me.

Has this been the case since you've had this phone, or is it new since 8.1.2?

I really can`t remember, but now at ios 8.1.2 i realize more , i have or to reset network settings, or turn off / on wifi to come back to normal

poorcody

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2013
Is it public WiFi Hotspots you are talking about or does this happen at home and/or work?

Any chance you are using bluetooth headset at the same time? I've noticed when I turn on my bluetooth sometimes the WiFi will drop, but I do see the indicator switch to LTE.

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
This is the exact issue I had with my iPhone 5. Weird. I haven't had that problem on my 6 Plus but it will sometimes randomly disconnects then reconnects to my Wi-Fi network. No big deal as it usually fixes itself within 10 seconds and I am back up and running.

Have you tried a restore as new in iTunes? It normally wouldn't help with my iPhone 5, but it might be different this time around.

Good luck! I'd also try calling AppleCare and seeing what they say.

If you are in the US: 800-APL-CARE

wsarahan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2009
Is it public WiFi Hotspots you are talking about or does this happen at home and/or work?

Any chance you are using bluetooth headset at the same time? I've noticed when I turn on my bluetooth sometimes the WiFi will drop, but I do see the indicator switch to LTE.

This is the exact issue I had with my iPhone 5. Weird. I haven't had that problem on my 6 Plus but it will sometimes randomly disconnects then reconnects to my Wi-Fi network. No big deal as it usually fixes itself within 10 seconds and I am back up and running.

Have you tried a restore as new in iTunes? It normally wouldn't help with my iPhone 5, but it might be different this time around.

Good luck! I'd also try calling AppleCare and seeing what they say.

If you are in the US: 800-APL-CARE

Yes my BT is on because i use a Pebble with the iPhone

And the strange here is that the signal stays at Wifi, not droop to LET the wifi symbol still on, the ip still on but no connection at all, and it happens at my home network or any network that i connect

I`m at Brazil, but bought my iPhone at USA and next month i`ll come back to USA

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
My 6+ regularly drops its WiFi connection. I often notice the 4G symbol instead of the WiFi blips and have to manually select the connection again. I think this started with 8.1.2

wsarahan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2009
My 6+ regularly drops its WiFi connection. I often notice the 4G symbol instead of the WiFi blips and have to manually select the connection again. I think this started with 8.1.2

Thanks

Anyone else guys?

wsarahan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2009
I've not had any issues with wifi here. 64GB MLC 6 Plus.

Thanks, let`s see if someone else have thi issue, if not when i go to USA at February i`ll ask for a new iPhone at Apple Store, do you think they will make the replacement guys?

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Thanks, let`s see if someone else have thi issue, if not when i go to USA at February i`ll ask for a new iPhone at Apple Store, do you think they will make the replacement guys?

Mine only drops WiFi in areas of low signal, it doesn't drop signal willy nilly. However, my Android tablet and old iPhone 5 didn't drop signal in the same room (where I have a low signal).

wsarahan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2009
They'll replace it especially if they can replicate the issue.

The problem is that it not happen all the time so I doubt that they will wait the issue happen to make a replacement, they will have to trust in me or if it's a know issue for then replace without a lot of tests

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
Hi guys how are you?

I have an iPhone 6 Plus at 8.1.2 and it keeps losing Wifi at any hotspot i`m conected

The wifi simbold stays on, conected but just stop browsing, i have to turn off wifi and turn on again to solve the issue, or disconect and forget the network and do it again

Already made the wifi reset settings and nothing

Anyone with the same issue?

Please let me know if it`s a commom issue and a software one or a hardware issue

Thanks guys

I actually had a similar issue. I took care of it by doing "network reset" and the problem seem to go away.

wsarahan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2009
I actually had a similar issue. I took care of it by doing "network reset" and the problem seem to go away.

I made the network reset a couple of times and no sucess here

At least I'm not the only one that had the issue, if till my travel to NY it is not solved for me I'll try a replacement

But I doubt they replace if the issue not happen at the time I'm at Apple Store

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
Interesting. This only happens to me when I connect to a NETGEAR router at my buddy's place. It won't stay connected. When I wake the phone up, and wait a few seconds, it connects.

Don't have any of these issues with my AEBS

Wonderous321

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2015
I have an iPhone 6 plus that just started dropping wifi a couple of days ago. I have had iOS 8.1.2 since it became available and have had my iPhone for a few months. Not sure why it started but no matter what I do nothing fixes it. It's any wifi connection and I've reset everything and no luck. Right now it says it's connected but a minute ago it wasn't. It just keeps switching back and forth and usually I need to manually reconnect to wifi just for it to drop the second I try to use the Internet. Hope there's a fix and that we're not alone with this. I find it odd that a bug could wait so long to take effect.

Mc96051

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2015
iPhone 6 still dropping wifi connection

I read lots of issues of iPhone dropping the wifi connection in my house, and after reseting my network settings (did not fix problem), after powering device off (did not fix problem) and or after toggling the wifi on/off - none of these issues resolved my problem. It is now March 2015 and I don't see any fresh mentions of this issues (all issues are dated from iPhone6 launch in Sept/Oct 2014). IOS 8 had several releases now but I still have this problem and the only thing that works for me is powering off/on my home router, after which the iPhone is connecting rapidly until it drops connection again. I found out about this after Verizon started charging me for additional data usage and did not know what is going on. Now I turned the data usage off from most apps and only this way I know that my iPhone 6 connection was lost when the apps themselves cannot connect due to my settings. This happens several times per day lately and is very annoying. Any other fixes you guys can think of? I bought my iP6 in February 2015 one month ago. Thank you very much.

mhunter6378

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2015
I read lots of issues of iPhone dropping the wifi connection in my house, and after reseting my network settings (did not fix problem), after powering device off (did not fix problem) and or after toggling the wifi on/off - none of these issues resolved my problem. It is now March 2015 and I don't see any fresh mentions of this issues (all issues are dated from iPhone6 launch in Sept/Oct 2014). IOS 8 had several releases now but I still have this problem and the only thing that works for me is powering off/on my home router, after which the iPhone is connecting rapidly until it drops connection again. I found out about this after Verizon started charging me for additional data usage and did not know what is going on. Now I turned the data usage off from most apps and only this way I know that my iPhone 6 connection was lost when the apps themselves cannot connect due to my settings. This happens several times per day lately and is very annoying. Any other fixes you guys can think of? I bought my iP6 in February 2015 one month ago. Thank you very much.

Is it just your home WiFi or any WiFi? If just your home WiFi, check to make sure that your router is updated to the latest firmware and see if that helps. If it's any WiFi, your best bet is to get to an Apple Store and have your phone checked.

ttNB

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2012
Nor' Jersey & New York (Twi-State)
With the 6+, there seems to be Bluetooth issues. At the Apple Store today, and including me 3 other people with their BT, Connecting fine, but then drop the connection randomly. I've had this issue for some time now, but was hoping that it was software, not hardware. I was lucky to get a good 6+, and didn't want to play the lotto with my +. Well, they determined it was hardware, and the Genius had stated she has been seeing this with +'s. Wasn't able to get anything other than that. So now I have a + on the way, And I hope I didn't trade one issue for another, hence this thread about Wi-Fi now.;)

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
My 6 plus does the same at one public wifi only.
It's connected but doesn't pull any more data.
Once I restart the phone reconnects and connection stays fine.
Hope a future firmware update will correct it but it doesn't do it with all routers. Just one particular public connection.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.