Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

misho73

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
- Since the Best for retina is 2560x1440, Do I have to change resolution to 5K (5120x2880) to properly watch a 4K video in full screen????

- another question, does any of you know a link to a 5K raw footage? RED cams produce these resolutions I googled but couldn't find any. it would be nice watch on this giant screen.
thanks

ChanneledDan

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2012
- Since the Best for retina is 2560x1440, Do I have to change resolution to 5K (5120x2880) to properly watch a 4K video in full screen????

- another question, does any of you know a link to a 5K raw footage? RED cams produce these resolutions I googled but couldn't find any. it would be nice watch on this giant screen.
thanks

You don't necessarily have to change the resolution. The way I understand it, if the software playing back the video can properly take advantage of retina screens, all you have to do is play it back. It will render the video at the full resolution of the screen. I'm sure Quicktime Player will take advantage of the retina display. Apparently VLC player is retina-compatible since version 2.0.2 (that's from June 2012).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.