Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vido

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 20, 2011
Oslo
I really love my workflow on my macbook pro, with the trackpad just beneath the keyboard. I really miss this workflow on my iMac, as I have to move my hand very often from a mouse/"external" trackpad to the keyboard. Especially when using shortcuts this is slowing down my productivity (a lot).

Does a combined keyboard/trackpad like the layout on a macbook pro exist? Or something else that can improve workflow so I dont have to constantly move my hand from mouse to keyboard?

Xeridionix

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2015
The only thing that I could really recommend in this scenario would be the Apple Wireless Keyboard and an Apple Magic Trackpad, the trackpad sits flush against the keyboard on either side or you could always position it below the keyboard if desired. I don't think that there's another third-party solution out there that would be able to provide you with the same feeling as the chicklet keyboard nor the gestures of the trackpad.

qcmacmini

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2014
The Netherlands
I use the Apple wireless keyboard, magic trackpad and magic mouse. It's a great combo, but yes it takes a split second to move my hand to the right to use the trackpad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.