Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleGraph

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2015
I just upgraded my Mr.Fusion to 4 pieces 16GB and Wow, she's my new love. I'm keeping this a secret from my wife. Shh..
I mostly do graphics, PS & IL but some video too.

OS6-OSX

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2004
California
Yes, let's keep it quiet! :D

Attachments

• Mr. Fusion.png
    Mr. Fusion.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 135

lowendlinux

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2014
Germany
I think if my computer purred I'd take for a quick run to the Apple Store. Purring is not something computers are supposed to do....

AppleGraph

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2015
What type/brand of RAM are you using? Did you find a good deal?

Well, I got what I think is an excellent deal. I got the Apple OEM Hynix kit from Mac RAM Direct for $749.
I was fully planning to get their Hypervelocity kit at $699 but decided $749 was a great deal. Ramjet had their house brand kit at $899 which was a bit rich for me.
Seemed the best deal while avoiding all the questionable eBay sellers.
Newegg had some good options but the Mac RAM tech said they ship the same part numbers as Apple does and that clinched the deal for me. Apple exact on the cheap.
I did also get a nice 512GB Samsung EVO SSD from AmazonLLC which was also a damn bargain.

resonate

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2007
these are unbuffered 8gb ecc dimms? no heatsinks? how is the temperature under load? do they keep cool or make your cpu a&b fans rock&roll?

seveej

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2009
Helsinki, Finland
I think if my computer purred I'd take for a quick run to the Apple Store. Purring is not something computers are supposed to do....

My mac pro actually did purr once. I shut it down, opened it up and removed a piece of konfetti from between the back fan and the rear cheese grater.

RGDS,

seveej

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2009
Helsinki, Finland
you had a party with your computer :eek: ;)

I think the more probable explanation may relate to having kids, either through direct manipulation ("wonder what happens if I put this there"), or indirectly throug birthday parties and the MP's ability to vacuum the floor (at least on a limited area).

RGDS,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.