Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nkalim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2015
Phone: iPhone 4
iOS: 6.1
Previous backups: None

I was syncing my contacts to iCloud (went to Settings > iCloud and turned Contacts to "On"), but after the first 3 contacts, it stopped syncing.
I went to Settings > iCloud and turned Contacts to "Off". I was given 2 options: "Keep contacts on iPhone" or "Delete contacts from iPhone".
I selected "Keep contacts". Now all other contacts except those first 3 have been deleted from my phone.

I have no other backups of my iPhone. Is there any way for me to recover the lost contacts?

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
Sounds like you are saying you Contacts were simply on your phone. Do you backup your phone to iTunes on your computer or via an iCloud Backup? Like when you get a new phone you normal restore from a backup.

I think when you backup your phone and you dod not use iCloud for things like Contacts or Calendar they will be part of that backup. But I am not sure since I have always only used a cloud service like iCloud for my Contacts/Calendar and mail.

Photography

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
Do you have any other email accounts signed into your mail settings on your iPhone, such as Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook.com, etc? If so, there's a good possibility the contacts went to/are stored there instead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.