Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DiCaprioAngel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2013
New York
I bought the Anker Tempered Glass Screen Protector for my retina iPad Mini (2) and it fits perfect and feels quite nice, too.

eko91

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2015
glass protectors vs screen protectors

I've been always using regular screen protectors, but does anyone know whats the difference between glass protectors and the regular ones? Are glass protectors supposed to be better? Do they last longer?

DiCaprioAngel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2013
New York
Glass screen protectors protect your device better than any regular screen protector. If, by some chance, you drop your iPad face down with a glass screen protector, the glass protector will break as opposed to the display of your iPad. With a regular screen protector, if your iPad were to fall, it would break the display. Not to mention glass screen protectors protect the display from scratches as well and feels much nicer than those plastic protectors. Just my two cents.

tofagerl

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
Well, that's one possibility. Another possibility, which has happened to me many times, is that the glass cover will break even when the screen would have been perfectly fine. Remember that while the glass covering the screen is INSIDE the body of the iPad, the cover is on the outside, and while protecting the screen, has no protection itself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.