Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

didier.ma

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 5, 2014
Hi there, just thought I would share some quick thought on the wireless charging case here. Doesn't seem much option is available and I came across one on a Google search.

I was in the market looking for case for my iPhone 6, and while searching, I was like, why don't try out some wireless charging cases (if there is any).

It took about a week to arrive, and the packaging was rather simple. But it took me just 2 sec to assemble it. It just looks and feels like other non-functional case. Just slightly thicker. But by thicker, I meant, it's like the leather case I had from Apple.

Charging time:
It's definitely slower than normal USB cable. But the cool thing is I got one charger at work and at home. I simply place my phone on top of it instead of searching through my lightening cable. End result is I got a phone charged 100% whenever I need to pick it up again.

Even tho it charge my phone normally, it appeared a few time that this accessory is not compatible when it reaches 100% charge. Possibly because it's not certified by Apple.

I would highly recommend it and if you know any other good wireless charging case, please share! I just wish Apple would make it a build in feature in the iPhone in the future!!

This is the website I ordered mine: http://aircharge.io

Attachments

• TB2014FbFXXXXXpXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!370926594-0-rate.jpg_400x400.jpg
    TB2014FbFXXXXXpXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!370926594-0-rate.jpg_400x400.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 679

iThingsGurl

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2014
Canada
Thanks for the review.
So we need a Qi-enabled case ($54.90) as well as a Qi-enabled charger ($39.90) for the system to work?

didier.ma

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 5, 2014
Yes, I only bought the case as I already got one SamSung qi charger and an other one at home. Basically any qi-combitable charger will work.

Thanks for the review.
So we need a Qi-enabled case ($54.90) as well as a Qi-enabled charger ($39.90) for the system to work?

Drag'nGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2008
I understand the novelty here but if it isn't built in and it doesn't charge as fast or close to as fast as the lightning cable then I don't get the point. I for one prefer the bonus when we all found out that the iPhone 6/6+ charges faster on the iPad charger. :cool:

didier.ma

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 5, 2014
I guess what benefits me is the way it charges. In my use case, I always run between meetings in the office and have like a short time on my desk. In general, I don't benefits much from the faster charging as I always found it trouble to plug in my phone. So now my phone just sit on top of the charger and that's it. I just wanted to make sure my phone has enough juice for the rest of my day. Maybe some people may find it useful especially lazy ass like me. LOL

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
So you'll need several bases for your home, work etc..unless you go through the trouble of removing the case wherever a base is not available, like in your car.

inf

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
How has the case worked in the long run now you have had it a while.

Does it charge ok, and only at 100% gives the accessory not supported (had this with a QI case on my 5S). As apple is not allowing MFi certification to QI cases those errors will occur.

Just wondering if those errors come say like when you are on 70% charge, does it still charge to the end or does the charge end...

didier.ma

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 5, 2014
So far it's pretty good. With iOS 8.3 and it's still working just fine. It will charge when the phone has no battery and all the way up to 100%.

How has the case worked in the long run now you have had it a while.

Does it charge ok, and only at 100% gives the accessory not supported (had this with a QI case on my 5S). As apple is not allowing MFi certification to QI cases those errors will occur.

Just wondering if those errors come say like when you are on 70% charge, does it still charge to the end or does the charge end...

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2010
For OP: thanks for the writeup. I had an LG G2 with wireless charging and really liked that feature. My wife has a Galaxy S6 and has it. I am ordering one for my Ip6.

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2010
Got my Air Charge wireless case. An online review is here:http://9to5mac.com/2015/04/17/aircharge-case-iphone6/

The fit and finish is very nice and adds very little bulk to the Ip6. I had previously purchased a charging base that you can stand the phone up in at a slight angle and it charges with 3 coils. It is available on ebay. I have 2 of them and they work well.

If you don't use a lightning cable very often ( I use it just to back up) this is a very nice option for wireless charging.

Update: After using the Aircharge case for a couple of weeks, I still really like it. Feels nice and is not bulky.

Last edited:

kevstevenson77

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2015
I’ve got wireless charging with my iPhone 6 by using the Backbone wireless charge case (Dog and Bone). Its quicker for me to charge wirelessly with this than with my cable! I’ve had wireless charging before and you don’t want to use cables once you haven’t been. Theirs is MFI too!
The other cool thing with this one is it really protects the phone, I’ve dropped mine a few times and luckily its military drop rated. I’ve seen on their website they also have a battery piece for this case.
https://www.dogandbonecases.com/pro...backbone-iphone-6-wireless-charging-case-pad/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.